REQUIRED INDIVIDUAL SKILLS & CAPABILITIES:
- Must have strong written and oral communicative skills. This position will involve drafting detailed requirements documentation as well as associated briefings of requirements and status for customer, DNI, and IC-leadership.
- Ability to assist in developing a new or innovative approach to a technical or engineering issue
- Ability to assist in conducting an evaluation to determine its suitability for project implementation.
- Ability to analyze and propose appropriate engineering standards and processes for a project.
- Ability to supervise or coordinate the work of other contractor engineers or technicians on a project.
- Must be able to independently make decisions regarding engineering issues and methodology for a project and brief stakeholders and present the status on all technical aspects of their project.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE (preferred but not mandatory):
- Ideal candidate would be Overhead SIGNT SME. However familiarity with IC organizations and processes may be a suitable replacement for detailed technical knowledge of current Overhead SIGINT system capabilities.
- Some knowledge of DNI’s Intelligence Community Capability Requirements (ICCR) process and the Joint Capabilities Integration Development Systems (JCIDS) process would be valuable. The task generally operates at the enterprise and architectural level of the capabilities needs processes, and seldom requires deep dives into low level system requirements.
- Knowledge of the customer’s Corporate Requirements process will be very helpful in being fully effective in this work role.