*Full, part-time and temporary positions potentially available*
** Public Trust will be required**
****This opportunity is currently in bid stage ****
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Job Description: The Kenjya-Trusant Group, LLC (KTG) is seeking a candidate to fill the role of Curriculum and Course Designer in support of the Department of State's Foreign Service Institute Leadership and Management School. Individual will be responsible for curriculum and course design, development and assessment to potentially include:
• Create training designs for specific modules, courses or programs that include the
following: learning objectives (both terminal and enabling), timelines for each segment,
session outlines (with detailed instructor notes), handouts, monitoring and evaluation
guidelines, appropriate audio-visual materials, list of equipment and other logistical
resources required, pre/post-work required, and participant readings and worksheets.
• Conduct reviews and assessments of existing curricula, courses, leadership development
services, and training programs in order to assess the most appropriate continuous and
blended learning format and technology that meet intended learning objectives and
audience learning styles.
• Design and analyze needs assessments and survey questionnaires that gather data on
continuous and blended learning needs, reactions, application and learning outcomes.
• Participate in curriculum advisory groups recommending the development and design of
continuous and blended learning opportunities for the mandatory courses.
• Initiate and/or attend meetings or training to acquire institutional knowledge or
information relevant to course design/content.
• Design training tools, instruments, and job aids.
• Design modules, courses or programs within specific Department of State context.
• Participate in data gathering, planning, or working meetings with COR, Course and/or
Program Manager, other relevant LMS staff and /or other subject matter experts.
• Develop project plans, leads assigned projects from planning stage to execution, update
LMS staff on project timelines, performance, successes, challenges and completion.
• Develop training designs for specific modules or courses that include the following:
learning objectives (both terminal and enabling), timelines for each segment, session
outlines (with detailed instructor notes), handouts, monitoring and evaluation guidelines,
appropriate audio-visual materials, list of equipment and other logistical resources
required, pre/post-work required, and participant readings and worksheets.
• Develop and adapt presentations that incorporate the use of educational technology,
including blended learning technologies, and similar methodologies.
• If the course deals with the management and supervision of DOS employees, the
contractor must incorporate the latest forms, policies, initiatives, etc. of the various HR
departments in the employment categories (Foreign Service, Civil Service, Locally
Employed Staff and Eligible Family Members).
• Documents should include the research/reasons for using the topics/exercises/
methodologies in the Department of State context.
• Develop content that is consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice.
• Develop learner-centered modules, courses and programs.
• Design and develop needs assessments and survey questionnaires that gather data on
training needs, reactions, application and organizational impact.
• Participate in interviews for selected audiences including, but not limited to key officials
in the DOS, senior staff overseas, participants in crisis management exercises, and
participants in mandatory leadership skills classes.
• Distribute, collect, and analyze data, and write summary reports on developmental
modules, courses or programs to be presented to representatives of LMS.
• Design and develop evaluation tools at all four (4) levels of the Kirkpatrick model.
• Design and develop assessment to measure transfer of learning for one or more modules.
REQUIRED PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
• Minimum seven years experience in designing and developing programs for adult
learners with significant experience working with federal executives at the GS-15 and
FS-01 grade and higher.
• Knowledge of and demonstrated experience of at least seven years using adult learning
principles in the facilitation and delivery of courses.
• Expertise and success in adult learning theory, instructional design, and experiential
learning methodologies and techniques.
• Experience incorporating technology in the classroom.
• Knowledge of educational technology and similar methodologies.
• Leadership, management and supervision principles within the context of the federal
• Ability to multi-task and deal with time constraints effectively.
HIGHLY DESIRED PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Working with Foreign Affairs agencies (e.g., Department of State, USAID, and
Intelligence agencies). With specific knowledge of embassy operations overseas,
understanding of a global workforce and cross cultural understanding-living and/or
working outside the U.S.
• Knowledge of the Department of State’s job classifications and culture.
• Knowledge of, and demonstrated mastery, in incorporating leadership and management
theories and principles.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.