POSITION: Senior Systems Engineer (Technology Transition & Decommission)
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction/Fort Meade, MD 20701
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: TS/SCI with FULL SCOPE POLYGRAPH (must have prior to applying)
The Technology Transition Office is responsible to the Chief of Capabilities Integration and Planning for the management and oversight of technology transition into and out of the Enterprise Architecture. These transition activities include managing the introduction of new prototype capabilities. The Technology Transition Office provides support not only across the customer organization but to external IC partners to ensure transition stakeholder requirements are understood and considered. Transition activities include managing and supporting Technology Transition Office process, monitoring and measuring progress through the process, identifying risks and recommending mitigations and supporting planning activities. Customer support requests are evaluated by the Government to determine alignment with its scope and objectives. Discrete task descriptions will be created for all requests and be used for tracking and to enable contractor assignments.
This Systems Engineer will provide systems engineering expertise in researching systems, services and capabilities to be decommissioned, documenting the known details to enable decision making by the stakeholders and capability owners. This role involves planning, monitoring, and generating systems engineering artifacts to assist the government to facilitate technology transition into and out of the capabilities architecture, and works with the government to facilitate, lead and document decision meetings to engage stakeholders in accomplishing the work.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or other related discipline from an accredited college or university, plus at least twenty (20) years of Systems Engineering experience OR
- A Master’s degree in a qualified Engineering field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university plus eighteen (18) years of general systems engineering experience OR
- A High School Diploma or GED plus twenty four (24) years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable in lieu of degree.
REQUIRED INDIVIDUAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
PREFERRED INDIVIDUAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE (desired, but not mandatory):
- Subject Matter Expert in one (1) or more SE Process Areas; Approve delivery of SE work product, and briefing Stakeholders on all technical aspects of their Project.
- Ability to plan and deliver engineering projects with unique/ complex aspects that impact major capabilities of high priority to the enterprise.
- Ability to independently resolve important engineering issues requiring the use of advanced technology.
- Five (5) or more years’ experience supporting programs and projects within this customer space.
- Experience in technical program / project management / project implementation highly desired.
- Experience in defining an effort from mission outcomes/objectives to key tasks, collaborating with others monitoring and preparing out-reports, with the ability to embrace cross-directorate collaboration, and work with/advise others with little or no Systems Engineering experience.
- Experience in writing and/or managing the development of functional requirements and other related SE documentation.
- Excellent writing, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in development/ implementation of SE processes and procedures.
- Experience with Confluence / JIRA managing Systems Engineering Projects.
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules) The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) makes it unlawful for employers to discriminate in employment against a qualified individual with a disability. The ADA also outlaws discrimination against individuals with disabilities in State and local government services, public accommodations, transportation and telecommunications. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.