Kenjya-Trusant is seeking a candidate to fill the role of Administrative Assistant to provide support to the U.S. Department of State Office of Legislative Affairs.
Clearance Requirement - Secret
Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Serves as a liaison between the H Assistant Secretary and senior officials both within and outside the Department, keeping them informed of actions taken by the Assistant Secretary or views on problems with which they are concerned and follow up on actions requested of other offices or administrative commitments made; keeps the Assistant Secretary continually informed. Transmits and interprets instructions from the Assistant Secretary to members of staff and others in the Department.
- Manages the Assistant Secretary’s travel, sensitive correspondence flow, changing schedules, senior-level visitors and fast paced multiple office complexities in a highly visible office environment.
- Carries out special and confidential assignments which require a high degree of tact and diplomacy, a comprehensive knowledge of the operations of the Department and of problems with which the Assistant Secretary is concerned, and a personal knowledge of the Assistant Secretary’s views. On such matters, gathers information and material, analyzes it and prepares recommendations or reports for signature.
- Providing administrative and clerical support to bureau management and staff as assigned
- Maintains and coordinates the Assistant Secretary’s calendar of substantive appointments and ensures that priority needs are considered and met.
- Receives and processes all requests for meetings, speaking engagements, and invitations which are directed to the Assistant Secretary. Follow up to ensure proper execution of commitments and obligations incurred in telephone conversations, meetings and invites. He/she makes final commitments, refers matters to staff members or reschedules appointments as the incumbent, in consultation with the Assistant Secretary, deems necessary.
- Advises of appointments and other commitments which might have a bearing on future decisions. The incumbent handles requests for meetings and appointments and decides the distribution of time and, working closely with the Special Assistant, as needed, prepares or requests preparation of briefs indicating purpose of briefings by appropriate officers; performs necessary research for materials relevant to appointments to ensure priorities and obligations are met, and discusses with officials invited to meetings the subject of such meetings in order that they will be properly informed and supplied with necessary information.
- Assists in arranging other meetings and conferences, and obtain pertinent material from Departmental offices and other sources as needed.
- As needed and assigned, serves as Unit Security Officer (USO) with direct supervision by the Office Director
- As assigned makes careful searches for information difficult to obtain, compiles data and makes preliminary analyses;
- Assist in the coordination between H and L-H/EX, requesting assistance on behalf of management to insure that operations in H run smoothly
- Arranges and coordinates travel plans, itineraries, visas and country clearances necessary for the Assistant Secretary and others to include other individuals and groups traveling with the Assistant Secretary and that all arrangements are authorized properly, itineraries are cost effective and efficient and follow department rules and regulations, as well as prepares travel vouchers for reimbursement upon return. All travel is prepared using the E2 Travel Solutions system.
- Receives and screens all incoming telephone calls to the Assistant Secretary to ensure that the Assistant Secretary is aware of, and handles personally or delegates the necessary responsive action. Monitors and keeps the Assistant Secretary aware of the necessary follow up actions.
- Ensures formal decisions, recommendations, and suggestions made by the Assistant Secretary are passed to the proper office for implementation or review. Follows up to ensure prompt action. Monitors ongoing substantive matters as instructed by the Assistant Secretary and in coordination with the Special Assistant.
- Escort officials to/from meetings with the Assistant Secretary and ensure they arrive in a timely manner.
- Reviews, analyzes and screens all incoming correspondence, routing of all issues of overriding and central importance to the Assistant Secretary and other senior staff, and all other correspondence to appropriate staff members. Personally handles the reminders, drafts, replies, or refers material to other officials in the Department with recommendations as to the Assistant Secretary’s views on matters.
- Assists in assuring the proper paper flow of staff documents and other memoranda from, to and through the Bureau. Maintains complete control and assists in the safeguarding of the Assistant Secretary’s files, classified documents and office container.
- Oversees the preparation of materials for use by the Assistant Secretary’s in high-level and sensitive meetings and conferences, gatherings, and public appearances both within the United States and abroad. Assists with logistical planning for the Assistant Secretary’s participation in these meetings.
- Obtains complete background information of materials from responsible officers in the Department and elsewhere on matters formally submitted to the Assistant Secretary for decision. Ensures materials are clear, concise, coherent and complete. Requests any necessary revisions of material prior to transmittal to the Assistant Secretary or other staff.
Special Knowledge Requirements:
Clearance Requirement - Secret
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- A basic foundation of administrative concepts and practices sufficient to perform independently such duties to enable timely and efficient communications.
- Four years of senior government administrative or secretarial support experience.
- One year of State Department experience, preferred.
- One year experience with dealing with the Departments travel system.
- Experience with arranging travel for Department employees preferred.
- Operational knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel, Word, Microsoft Windows, and related computer-based programs.
- One year of Office 365 experience preferred.
- E2 travel software training/experience preferred.
- Ability to quickly learn other computer-based programs with minimal external assistance.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in order to effectively communicate with staff in American embassies and consulates, Congressional offices and others involved in foreign travel arrangements, requests, issues and conflicts. Experience expressing complex, sensitive subject matter both orally and in writing in a clear, logical, concise and persuasive manner.
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.