POSITION: Systems Engineer (Cyber Standards Team)
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction/Fort Meade, MD 20701
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: TS/SCI with POLYGRAPH (minimum of a CI poly, FSP preferred)JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is looking for a Systems Engineer (SE) ready to join a dynamic team that is responsible for providing subject matter expertise, research, and recommendations relating to candidate functions, services, etc., that promote interoperability and the use of standards within the customer organization and with its partners. This Standards SE will be forward deployed to the Cyber Standards Team.
The position will require an assertive and intuitive engineer to help reach out to the projects, services, and analytics associated with customer programs to discover which ones could be considered key to enabling interoperability within the customer enterprise as well as between the customer and partner organizations. Once these are determined, the engineer would identify the functionality of each 'enabler' and identify the critical technical standards that the enabler uses.
This position may also require interacting with other subject matter experts in the community to address standards-related issues and impacts, including architecture, interoperability, implementation, and testing.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or other related field from an accredited college or university plus at least ten (10) years of systems engineering experience.
- A Master’s degree in a qualified engineering field or related discipline from an accredited college or university can substitute for two (2) years of experience, for a total of only eight (8) years of systems engineering experience.
- A High School Diploma or GED plus fourteen (14) years of general system engineering experience would also be acceptable.
REQUIRED INDIVIDUAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledgeable of DoD and IC standards and specifications as well as tools that enable information sharing.
- Individuals in this position should have at least five (5) years of experience as a Systems Engineer in programs that encompass standards, requirements analysis, integration, and process execution and evaluation.
- An expert in their own field, and knowledgeable about other related areas.
- Able to work with top-level government management and to work as a team member.
- Able to assist in policy formulation and decisions.
- Strong in writing and communications skills.
- Experience in the Information Assurance or Cyber domain is a plus!
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules) The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) makes it unlawful for employers to discriminate in employment against a qualified individual with a disability. The ADA also outlaws discrimination against individuals with disabilities in State and local government services, public accommodations, transportation and telecommunications. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.