POSITION: Senior Systems Engineer (5G Wireless SME)
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction/Fort Meade, MD 20701
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: TS/SCI with POLYGRAPH (minimum of a CI poly, FSP preferred)
The Senior Systems Engineer will provide integration support (requirements, specification through development) of COMINT geolocation systems. The selected individual will apply their knowledge of RF signals and technology to support the review and analysis of capabilities requirements, requirements gathering, system architecture development, interface- and data exchange-standardization, propose technical solutions, and review system test results. System Engineer will provide advice and support to adaption of existing systems/processes to forthcoming 5G network role out. The individual will also represent the customer’s organization at technical exchanges and will support the development of collaborative, cross organizational and cross system solutions. The selected individual must be able to work across military and Intelligence organization boundaries to build consensus on contentious technical issues that arise as they aid the creation of a suite of community cross geolocation specifications and implementations.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or related discipline from an accredited college or university, plus at least twenty (20) years of Systems Engineering experience OR
- A Master’s degree in a qualified Engineering field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university plus eighteen (18) years of general systems engineering experience OR
- A High School Diploma or GED plus twenty four (24) years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable in lieu of degree.
REQUIRED INDIVIDUAL SKILLS:
- Knowledge of evolution of cellular/wireless systems with a strong understanding of technical aspects of forthcoming deployment of 5G networks
- Understanding of cellular network topologies and protocols
PREFERRED INDIVIDUAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE (desired but not mandatory):
- Understanding of modern cellular and wireless communications protocols especially in the context of locating those signals.
- Experience with COMINT collection and processing systems and techniques
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules) The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) makes it unlawful for employers to discriminate in employment against a qualified individual with a disability. The ADA also outlaws discrimination against individuals with disabilities in State and local government services, public accommodations, transportation and telecommunications. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.