POSITION: Senior Systems Engineer (Chief Architect Support)
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction/Fort Meade, MD 20701
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: TS/SCI with FULL SCOPE POLYGRAPH (must have prior to applying))
The incumbent Senior Systems Engineer will support, and work closely with, the Y524 Integration System Engineer assigned to Y3. This position also supports, via the ISE, the Y3 Chief Architect. This senior systems engineer will provide dedicated technical support to the ISE in performing a wide variety of tasks requiring a strong systems engineering background and experience as well as a foundation in architecture and senior staff level communications.
- Provide Systems Engineer (SE) expertise to the Solutions Process capability needs acquisition for Y3 products/solutions/services across all disciplines of systems engineering to include requirements definition/engineering, as-is/to-be architecture engineering, reliability, testing and evaluation, risk management, etc.
- Provide SE expertise to the Y3/PAC Architecture team, led by the Y524 assigned lead ISE, on various organizational actions and issues addressing the orchestration and integration of multiple programs, organizations, capabilities, products and services required to achieve desired mission outcomes.
- Use a thorough knowledge of the Agency Enterprise Solutions Process, as well as knowledge of the Y3 suite of products/solutions/services, support the mission need triad in the development and review of technical solution plans for the Y3 directed mission needs. Specific responsibilities include engineering support to the preparation of solution plans as well as participation in, and capturing of, pertinent issues/concerns and follow up on the various triad planning meetings and solution plan “visibility point” sessions. Lead the triad team to completing a successful solution architecture review with theY3 Chief Architect by scheduling the review, leading the development of the presentation to include as-is and to-be architecture views, capturing liens and status from the review, and tracking completion of liens.
- Provide SE expertise to various Agency/CAPs forums, including the CIP Triage Board.
- Provide SE expertise through multiple mechanisms for technology transitions into the PAC Architecture such as those from Research and Operations, as well as supporting transitioning and decommissioning efforts internal to PAC.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or related discipline from an accredited college or university, plus at least twenty (20) years of Systems Engineering experience OR
- A Master’s degree in a qualified Engineering field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university plus eighteen (18) years of general systems engineering experience OR
- A High School Diploma or GED plus twenty four (24) years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable in lieu of degree.
DESIRED INDIVIDUAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- A broad experience in systems engineering disciplines, specifically requirements development, architecture, system of system integration and architecture, mission use case and thread analysis and engineering.
- Demonstrated experience in cross-program/cross-organization integration; ability to work constructively and successfully with diverse stakeholders to resolve mission and technical issues is critical.
- Self-starter, with high attention to detail and be proficient with Microsoft Office tools.
- Previous experience in Y3.
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules) The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) makes it unlawful for employers to discriminate in employment against a qualified individual with a disability. The ADA also outlaws discrimination against individuals with disabilities in State and local government services, public accommodations, transportation and telecommunications. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.