Technical Writer Level 3 needed to support a new task on an existing project in Annapolis Junction, MD. The Technical Writer must have experience in training development, instructional design or training delivery.Duties, Tasks, and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the preparation, review, revision, and maintenance of technical documents including software and systems engineering, system operations, testing, and user documentation
- Writes and edits technical documentation for all of the project’s hardware and software to include installation, configuration and how-to documentation
- Creates code documentation for software; produces implementation guides and end-user guides for capabilities; provides field, data definition, and data flow documentation and formats technical publications from pamphlets, technical drawings, and consultations with technical personnel and other available resources
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- A Master’s degree may be substituted for two (2) years of experience, reducing the requirement to six (6) years of experience. Four (4) years of additional Technical Writing experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree
Labor Category Required Experience: The Level 3 Technical Writer shall possess the following capabilities:
- Eight (8) years of experience as a Technical Writer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required
Clearance Requirement - Active TS/SCI with polygraphTHE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.
- Understand basic concepts (to include basic grammar concepts), responsible for writing technical copy for various types of documents
- Assist in preparing and maintaining operations documentation, user guides and manuals and technical publications
- Gather technical information, prepares written text
- Maintain a current internal documentation library
- Uses multiple word processing and presentation tools such as MS Word, PowerPoint, and Visio etc.
- Understand basic concepts and write technical copy for various types of documents for a program/project of similar complexity
- Prepare and maintain operations documentation, user guides and manuals and technical publications
- Prepare reports, responses, and briefings targeted to a wide range of audiences
- Work with developers to produce quality documentation and training materials
- Coordinate layout and design of documents
- Work on all phases of documentation
- Under general direction, write technical copy for various types of documents for a program/project of similar complexity
- Apply concepts for technical writing based on engineering drawings, technical information from engineering documentation, consultations with engineers and subject matter experts, and other available sources
- Produce defense acquisition documentation, user manuals, training manuals, and other documentation utilized by the end-user community of DoD electronic equipment and systems
- Interpret engineering and maintenance drawings, operational procedures to understand and blend large quantities of computer related information
- Research highly technical subject matter, organizes information from multiples sources, and express technical information in written form that is comprehensible to a wide audience of readers
- Produce technical documentation for Cryptologic programs or projects developing analytic tradecraft methodologies
- Apply technical DoD manual standard to work products
- Work independently preparing and maintaining highly complex systems, programming and operations documentation, procedures and methods
- Provide expert oversight of technical writing and editing to all phases of acquisition and technical documentation for the Program, Project, or Contract
- Act as project leader for projects with complex or voluminous documentation and may provide or coordinate special documentation services as required
- Review work products of others for compliance with technical DoD manual