POSITION: Software Developer - Level I
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction/Fort Meade, MD 20701
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: TS/SCI with FULL SCOPE POLYGRAPH (must have prior to applying)
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is looking for a full-time, Jr. Software Developer to support a long-term, classified contract in the Fort Meade/Annapolis Junction, MD area.
- Test the Java software programs for proper operation when integrated with existing code base. This testing is performed in the Government test environment in dedicated virtual and physical SIT labs.
- Completion of initial training for familiarization with the testing environment and processes is required before initial testing tasks.
- Properly qualified CGI (Cryptographic Generation Infrastructure) Resources may modify the Java generation programs to enable successful completion of the SIT while preserving the key-generation functionality of the code.
- Properly qualified personnel shall possess demonstrated Java development experience. This programming is performed using the Government's Key Generation Software development environment, using the Government development processes and standards of that organization.
- Completion of initial training for familiarization with the development environment and processes is required before initial testing tasks.
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements.
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features.
- Debug existing software and correct defects.
- Integrate existing software into new of modified systems or operating environments.
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories.
- Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards.
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards.
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components.
- Write or review software and system documentation.
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas.
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance.
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- Associate's Degree, Bachelor of Arts (BA) or Bachelor of Science (BS) degree from an accredited college or university in Math, Science, Engineering or related field is required, plus two (2) years of demonstrated experience
- In lieu of an Associate's degree, two (2) years of additional, relevant software engineering experience may be substituted, for a total of four (4) years of experience.
- In lieu of a Bachelor's degree, four (4) years of additional, relevant experience may be substituted, for a total of six (6) years of experience.
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules) The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) makes it unlawful for employers to discriminate in employment against a qualified individual with a disability. The ADA also outlaws discrimination against individuals with disabilities in State and local government services, public accommodations, transportation and telecommunications. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.