POSITION: Senior Systems Engineer (Wireless Solutions)
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction/Fort Meade, MD 20701
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: TS/SCI with POLYGRAPH (minimum of a CI poly, FSP preferred)JOB DESCRIPTION:
The incumbent Senior Systems Engineer will provide systems engineering support, technical and mission related expertise and services to assist with defining, planning, integrating, testing, and deploying of wireless tools and capabilities. The SE will communicate and provide detailed reporting to the mission lead/Technical COR related to schedule delays and technical complications. They will analyze customer requirements and provide technically sound recommendations and solutions based upon available technology, schedule and mission. The SE will perform test and evaluation in the form of unit tests, integration tests and system tests, and document test results for corrective actions, reporting and audits. They will provide technical expertise in the areas of network architectures and network systems components to include switches, routers, workstations and terminal servers. Initiate SSPs and manage/oversee accreditation initiatives.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a qualified engineering field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university, with a minimum of twenty (20) years of general systems engineering experience OR
- A Master’s degree in a qualified engineering field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university plus eighteen (18) years of general systems engineering experience OR
- A High School Diploma or GED with a minimum of twenty four (24) years of general systems engineering experience would also be acceptable in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
REQUIRED INDIVIDUAL CAPABILITIES:
- Extensive experience with systems engineering processes that support design, development, integration, testing, and fielding of systems.
- Experience performing and documenting risk assessments
PREFERRED INDIVIDUAL CAPABILITIES (desired, but not mandatory):
- Experience in collaborating with peer organizations to overcome barriers to success and create shared solutions.
- Knowledge of collaboration tools like JIRA and Confluence
- Knowledge of system accreditation processes for SIGINT systems
- SIGINT experience is a plus
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules) The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) makes it unlawful for employers to discriminate in employment against a qualified individual with a disability. The ADA also outlaws discrimination against individuals with disabilities in State and local government services, public accommodations, transportation and telecommunications. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.