POSITION: Senior Systems Engineer (Program/Project Management)
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction/Fort Meade, MD 20701
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: TS/SCI with POLYGRAPH (must have before applying)JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Technology Transition Office is responsible to the Chief of Capabilities Integration and planning for the management and oversight of technology transition into and out of the Enterprise Architecture. These activities include the transition and decommissioning of legacy technologies. The Technology Transition Office provides systems engineering support for the assessment, insertion and removal of technology in the Capabilities Directorate’s Enterprise Architecture by coordinating all activities pertaining to transition and decommissioning of legacy technologies. Transition activities include managing and supporting Technology Transition Office processes to include characterizations of assigned projects, leading, planning, scheduling, engagement, and validation of process steps and related artifacts. This includes identifying risks and recommending mitigations and/or the support of the customer in performing these activities, while monitoring and measuring progress through these processes.
MANDATORY EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
REQUIRED INDIVIDUAL SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in a qualified engineering field or a related discipline from an accredited college or univerisity plus a minimum of 15 years of general systems engineering experience.
- *A Master’s degree or PhD may be substituted for two years of experience, for a total of thirteen (13) years of experience.
- *A High School Diploma or GED plus nineteen (19) years of experience will also be considered
- Lead contractor systems engineering activities for a project to include supervising the work of the project engineering staff and technicians.
- Approve delivery of work products of multiple Processes Areas defined in the ISO/IEC 15288.
- Independently make decisions regarding engineering issues and methodology for a project.
- Brief stakeholders and present the status on all technical aspects of their project.
- Five (5) or more years’ experience supporting programs and projects within this customer space.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE (desired, but not mandatory):
- Experience with managing Systems Engineering Projects thru Confluence / JIRA, with Scrum Master experience, highly desired.
- Experience in technical program/ project management/ project implementation highly desired.
- Experience in defining an effort from mission outcomes/objectives to key tasks, and/or managing the development of functional requirements and other related SE documentation.
- Excellent writing, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Recent broad SIGINT engineering experience with associated mandatory access training highly desired.
- Experience in interpreting/ producing architectural documentation.
- Experience in development/ implementation of SE processes and procedures.
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules) The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) makes it unlawful for employers to discriminate in employment against a qualified individual with a disability. The ADA also outlaws discrimination against individuals with disabilities in State and local government services, public accommodations, transportation and telecommunications. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.