Kenjya-Trusant is seeking a candidate to fill the role of Environmental Cooperation Program Administrator to efficiently and effectively support the Office of Environmental Quality and Transboundary Issues, Bureau of Oceans and International Environmental and Scientific Affairs.
Clearance Requirement: SECRET
Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities:
Assist with the generation of new or amended assistance awards (grants, cooperative agreements) to support trade-related environmental cooperation programs, including:
- Assist OES with the drafting of Operations Plans, Congressional Notifications and Performance and Planning Reports, especially in regards to program funding;
- Provide program coordination and technical advice regarding strategic planning, funding allocation, and program implementation of identified thematic priority areas;
- Advise the Department of State on the strategic allocation of funds in ECM partner countries, based on consultations with country representatives, USG agencies, and NGOs and the OES environment and trade mission and goals;
- Based on consultations with program partners, USG agencies, and country representatives, provide advice to the Department of State on the allocation of funds under identified thematic priority areas;
- Draft documents notifying Non-Governmental Organizations and others of opportunities to apply for grant/cooperative agreements to help implement certain environmental initiatives under ECMs;
- Organize application review panels that will make recommendations regarding the applicants to receive grant/cooperative agreement awards;
- Prepare materials necessary to award the grants/cooperative agreements, including minutes from review panels and action memos; and
Assist in the administration of Grants and Cooperative Agreements, including:
- Support Grants Officer Representative in carrying out the functions of analyzing outputs, reviewing programmatic progress, completing budget reviews, trouble-shooting, and reporting on grant progress;
- Coordinate and consult with the recipient on all programmatic and technical matters that may arise;
- Facilitate coordination between program implementers and Embassy officers, USG agencies, country Points of Contact, and other program partners;
- Track grantees’ compliance with reporting obligations;
- Evaluate progress through email and telephone contact with the grantee, as well as site visits;
- Help compile comprehensive progress reports and summaries of reports, including the status of indicators and success stories;
- Help compile comprehensive financial status (pipeline) reports for all mechanisms;
- Assist the Grants Officer and Grants Officer Representative with project close-outs; and
Assist with overall grant coordination within the office, including:
- Assist the Department of State with the drafting and negotiating of new Work Programs or Plans of Action with ECM partner countries;
- Lead the coordination of environmental cooperation programs with select ECM partner countries;
- Coordinate ministerial-level meetings to discuss the implementation of Free Trade Agreement Environment Chapters and Environmental Cooperation Mechanisms;
- Assist in meetings with trade and environment points of contact from various ECM-partner countries , including meeting conceptualization, preparation, logistics, and follow-up documents;
- Maintain electronic filing systems for all grant awards, including the maintenance of the SharePoint site for document tracking;
- Respond to specific requests for information on foreign assistance programs from the U.S. Department of State, the U.S. Trade Representative, and the U.S. Agency for International Development;
- Help compile project results, develop strategic plan for program outreach, and implement outreach events to reach out to the public, international organizations, and Congressional staff;
- The position is located in Washington, D.C. and it will require domestic and international travel to conduct site visits in selected countries where the bureau is implementing programs subject to availability of funds and oversight needs.
Special Knowledge Requirements:
- The position will require teleworking when the contractor is on domestic and international travel and whenever is necessary due to inclement weather or other unforeseen circumstances.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- Experience in program administration, oversight and monitoring.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Excellent organizational skills and multi-tasking abilities.
- Strong critical and creative thinking and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, and multi-task in a high volume, fast-pace work environment.
- Excellent ability to also have a flexible, team-oriented approach to work.
- Excellent ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues.
- Familiarity or direct experience in working for U.S. foreign affairs agencies and/or international organizations.
- Familiarity or direct experience writing, applying for, or managing grants.
- A bachelor’s degree is required. Master is preferred.
- Good computer, computer networks and data base skills.
- Good facility with standard software, including the complete Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, SharePoint), and an ability to learn and work with other software, as well as database applications.
- Excellent recommendations
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.