Kenjya-Trusant is seeking a Report Editing and Production Assistant to provide support services as outlined below to efficiently and effectively support the Bureau of Democracy Human Rights and Labor (DRL), the Office of International Religious Freedom (IRF).
Clearance Requirement - Secret
Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities:
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- Thoroughly edit a selected number of IRF draft reports received from U.S. embassies and consulates.
- Work effectively with senior editors, overseas posts, and Department officers to ensure that completed reports reflect IRF equities.
- Ensure that assigned reports are accurate, thorough, of appropriate length, and consistent, and that they provide a comprehensive and unbiased account of the religious freedom situation in each country.
- Final reports should require minimal proofreading and be completed within established deadlines.
- As necessary, assist in the negotiations with embassies, country desks, and other bureaus and agencies regarding the content of the report.
- Ensure that IRF equities are protected in reaching mutually acceptable outcomes.
- Conduct in-depth research for selected reports, finding new sources of information and supplementing information provided by embassies and adding additional content to make each report more comprehensive and accurate.
- Working with IRF regional teams and overseas posts and using a wide variety of data sources, monitor and track information on religious freedom violations in key countries on an ongoing basis, developing information for use in the current and future IRF reports.
- Expand substantially the material in the IRF religious freedom database.
- Establish liaison with nongovernmental organizations and religious groups as appropriate to expand sources of information for the reports.
- Oversee the reports process, developing tracking and follow-up systems to ensure that the editing staff, diplomatic posts, and the IRF office and other Department offices adhere to strict deadlines.
- Assist the Report Coordinator with a wide range of administrative tasks necessary to produce the reports, including personnel issues and liaison with key individuals and offices.
- Respond effectively to special requests by the IRF Reports Coordinator, Office Director, and Deputy Director.
- Weekly Time and Attendance – The contractor will provide employee time and attendance data to the Contracting Officer Representative and/or designated Task Manager on a weekly basis or as required.
- Each contractor will complete the editing process for a designated number of individual country IRF reports.
- Each contractor will perform complex research tasks as assigned.
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.