POSITION: Systems Engineer (HPC Data Analytics)
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction/Fort Meade, MD 20701
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: TS/SCI with FULL SCOPE POLYGRAPH (must have before applying)
The incumbent Systems Engineer (SE) shall provide systems engineering support to CSDI, a major development effort under the joint oversight of DoD and ODNI. The Systems Engineer will assist in maintaining the overall Phase 3 architecture and collaborate with and between development teams in the area of data analytics. The SE will ensure requirements are being addressed and that dependencies and interfaces are understood and documented. They will work with both data containers and virtual machines to ensure data is appropriately captured. The successful candidate will be a great collaborator and good listener, comfortable with change and uncertainty, big-picture oriented, and technically proficient.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, engineering, or another related field from an accredited college or university plus at least ten (10) years of systems engineering experience.
- A Master’s degree in a qualified engineering field or related discipline from an accredited college or university can substitute for two (2) years of experience, for a total of only eight (8) years of systems engineering experience.
- A High School Diploma or GED plus fourteen (14) years of general system engineering experience would also be acceptable.
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Familiar with agile development and test methodologies.
- Familiar with the principles and concepts of Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) and data analytics.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiar with automating the deployment of applications inside software containers and managing containers in an OpenStack environment.
- Experience performing data schema work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and diplomacy. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
PREFERRED INDIVIDUAL EXPERIENCE (desired, but not mandatory):
- Experience with IC industry and customer, including mission domain experience in high performance computing and cryptanalysis.
- Five (5) or more years of experience as a lead systems engineer on complex or large software development projects.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules) The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) makes it unlawful for employers to discriminate in employment against a qualified individual with a disability. The ADA also outlaws discrimination against individuals with disabilities in State and local government services, public accommodations, transportation and telecommunications. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.