POSITION: Junior Systems Engineer (CMS-Corporate Management Services)
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction/Fort Meade, MD 20701
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: TS/SCI with FULL SCOPE POLYGRAPH (must have before applying)
The incumbent Systems Engineer (SE) shall provide system engineering services consistent with defined SE Configuration Management, Deployment Management, Planning, and Scheduling and related policies, processes, tool, and practices in support of the Corporate Management Services Office. The SE will assist with the analysis and documentation of current systems, evaluation of potential new systems, identification of capabilities gaps, development of data models, and development of system transition, data migration, and decommissioning plans and activities in support of CMS’ modernization plans and in the design of enterprise solutions.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, engineering, or another related field from an accredited college or university plus six (6) years of systems engineering experience.
- A Master’s degree in a qualified engineering field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university can substitute for two (2) years of experience, for a total of only four (4) years of systems engineering experience.
- A High School Diploma or GED plus ten (10) years of general system engineering experience would also be acceptable.
To be considered for this position, candidates must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Familiar with agile development and test methodologies.
- Ability to work independently and in groups to complete tasks bounded by constraints.
- Ability to review and analyze user requirements, concept of operations documents, system architecture and requirements specifications.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including demonstrated ability to comfortably interact with all levels of organizational management, be willing to operate in a dynamic environment with minimal supervision, and possess strong interpersonal, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Technical and people skills necessary to collaborate with customers, subject matter experts, and senior technical and programmatic leadership.
DESIRED INDIVIDUAL EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with IC industry and customer
- Able to work with top-level government management and to work as a team member.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules) The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) makes it unlawful for employers to discriminate in employment against a qualified individual with a disability. The ADA also outlaws discrimination against individuals with disabilities in State and local government services, public accommodations, transportation and telecommunications. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.