POSITION: Systems Engineer - Compliance Verification & Interoperability Assessments
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction/Fort Meade, MD 20701
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: TS/SCI with POLYGRAPH (minimum of a CI poly, FSP preferred)
-The incumbent employee shall be a member of the technical staff working as technical support in a SETA role, on the customer’s Tactical Compliance Verification and Interoperability Assessments Team.
-Perform technical consultation to improve the effectiveness of tactical intelligence systems as a team member responsible for assessing Tactical SIGINT Systems found on a variety of manned and unmanned aerial vehicles, ships and ground platforms used by US and allied armed forces.
-Work with government and contractors to improve tactical SIGINT system effectiveness by assessing Interoperability, Connectivity, Modernization, Security and Supportability (ICMSS); assess standards implementation; evaluate documentation; and participate in technical reviews at key acquisition phases.
-Work with senior Department of Defense and Intelligence Community acquisition engineers and user representatives to identify ICMSS risks and opportunities in the architectural designs of those systems.
-With minimal, high-level direction, working independently or as a member of a small team, conduct system-of-systems interoperability and technical assessments of the design and operating environment of systems based on validated effectiveness criteria. Recommend actions based on the findings in formal Assessment Reports or frequent informal technical communications.
-Work with the acquisition community, military Service Cryptologic Components of the US and our Allies, and industry stakeholders to maintain expert knowledge of current and emerging SIGINT solutions and understand the technical challenges related to tactical SIGINT interoperability within the 5-Eyes partners.
-Work with teammates to develop and maintain a model interrelating requirements, system capabilities, technology implementation, and standards. Contribute to the refinement of ICMSS system effectiveness criteria in the context of emerging system’s architecture and requirements.
-Participate in various SIGINT Working Groups; prepare and review technical assessments; and review SIGINT technologies.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering or other related discipline from an accredited college or university, plus a minimum of fifteen (15) years of systems engineering experience OR
- A Master’s degree in a Qualified Engineering Field from an accredited college or university plus thirteen (13) years of systems engineering experience OR a PhD in a Qualified Engineering Field from an accredited college or university plus eighteen (18) years of systems engineering experience OR
- A High School Diploma or GED plus nineteen (19) years of general system engineering experience would also be acceptable.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
To be considered for this position, candidates must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Prior military SIGINT systems hands-on experience.
- Ability to review and analyze user requirements, concept of operations documents, system architecture and requirements specifications.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including demonstrated ability to comfortably interact with all levels of organizational management, be willing to operate in a dynamic environment with minimal supervision, and possess strong interpersonal, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Technical and people skills necessary to collaborate with customers, subject matter experts, and senior technical and programmatic leadership.
- Knowledge of operational SIGINT data flows.
PREFERRED INDIVIDUAL SKILLS (candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration):
- Multi-service, multi-intelligence background.
- Experience with system acquisition requirements, technical requirements documents, and reviews.
- Familiarity with system design document preparation and JROC architecture products.
- Familiarity with DoDAF v2.0 is highly desired.
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules) The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) makes it unlawful for employers to discriminate in employment against a qualified individual with a disability. The ADA also outlaws discrimination against individuals with disabilities in State and local government services, public accommodations, transportation and telecommunications. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.