POSITION: Senior Systems Engineer (Data Architect)
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction/Fort Meade, MD 20701
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: TS/SCI with POLYGRAPH (minimum of a CI Poly, FSP preferred)
The incumbent Sr. SE shall assist mission organizations and data architecture teams in developing logical and conceptual data architecture for Authoritative Data Sources (ADS).
SPECIFIC DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Identify potential ADS candidates.
- Define and effectively communicate the ADS certification criteria.
- Partner with ADS candidates to shepherd their data systems through the ADS certification process.
- Analyzing customer requirements in order to produce and maintain data architecture artifacts that support the Enterprise Logical Data Model (ELDM).
- Representing business and mission concepts, their definitions, properties, and relationships via data architecture.
- Collaborating with Data Modelers and Data Thread Engineers within the organization and from other organizations to develop data architecture for ADSs.
- Aligning domain models and mission models with each other and with enterprise models.
- Coordinating, meeting, and holding technical peer reviews with subject matter experts and stakeholders to discuss modeling requirements and perform model validation.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or other related discipline from an accredited college or university, plus at least twenty (20) years of Systems Engineering experience OR
- A Master’s degree in a qualified Engineering field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university plus eighteen (18) years of general systems engineering experience OR
- A High School Diploma or GED plus twenty four (24) years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable in lieu of degree.
REQUIRED INDIVIDUAL TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE:
DESIRED INDIVIDUAL CAPABILITIES / EXPERIENCE:
- Two (2) to five (5) years of experience using CASE tools for model development to include either proprietary tools (ERWin, ERStudio, PowerDesigner) or FOSS tools (ArgoUML)
- Experience with Logical Data Models / Logical Schemas
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to work with a wide variety of customers
- Willing to learn new technologies and maintain and develop technical currency
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules) The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) makes it unlawful for employers to discriminate in employment against a qualified individual with a disability. The ADA also outlaws discrimination against individuals with disabilities in State and local government services, public accommodations, transportation and telecommunications. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.