POSITION: Systems Administrator - Level 1
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction/Ft. Meade, MD 20701
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: TS/SCI with FULL SCOPE POLYGRAPH (must have prior to applying)
Perform System Administration to troubleshoot and maintain a stand-alone Government research and development laboratory. This laboratory comprises the network infrastructure, servers (both physical and virtual), and workstations needed to support mission requirements. Operating systems in use include several flavors of Linux, Windows, and OS X. Hardware includes: Dell servers, switches, network attached storage arrays, and tape drives; Symantec backup appliance; Cisco switches; Apple workstations; and custom built workstations.
- Provides support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
- Manages the daily activities of configuration and operation of IT systems
- Provides Tier 1 (Help Desk) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems
- Provide assistance to users in accessing and using IT systems
- Provides support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
- Provides Tier 1 (Help Desk) and Tier 2 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems
- Provides support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
- Provides support for the dispatch system and hardware provlems and remains involved in the resolution process.
- Configures and manages UNIX and Windows operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity and configures network components along with implementing operating systems enhancement to improve reliability and performance.
- Optimizes system operations and resource utilization, and performs system capacity analysis and planning
- Five (5) years’ experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity within the Federal Government is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
* Five (5) years of additional system administration experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree *
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS:
PREFERRED TECHNICAL SKILLS (desired, but not mandatory):
- Experience in supporting and troubleshooting issues in a lab network to include user accounts, installation of cabling and equipment, initial troubleshooting, etc.
- Experience performing data transfers procedures
- Skilled at documenting processes and procedures as well as document editing
- Experience in either Windows or Linux
- Familiarity with ticketing processes
- Experience with Citrix and VMware virtualization platforms
- Experience installing and configuring virtual servers and clients
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.