POSITION: Security Engineer - Level 2
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction/Fort Meade, MD 20701
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: TS/SCI with FULL SCOPE POLYGRAPH (must have prior to applying)
Perform System Security Engineering duties by implementing security measures on existing equipment and assisting with procurement of security features and architecture to future-proof a stand-alone Government research and development laboratory. This laboratory comprises the network infrastructure, servers (both physical and virtual), and workstations needed to support mission requirements. Operating systems in use include several flavors of Linux, Windows, and OS X. Hardware includes: Dell servers, switches, network attached storage arrays, and tape drives; Symantec backup appliance; Cisco switches; Apple workstations; and custom built workstations.
- Fourteen (14) years’ experience in a technical role, providing technical expertise for software intensive projects and programs, of which a desired three (3) years within the Intelligence Community.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, Mathematics or similar degree is required.
*An additional four (4) years of additional technical experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s Degree *
REQUIRED Technical Skills:
PREFERRED Individual Experience & Skills (desired, but not mandatory):
- Expertise in the area of information system security and ensuring the security of a lab network
- Meet all agency requirements for lab network while optimizing support to mission operations.
- Familiarity with NESSUS
- Familiarity with IAVA Compliance
- Familiarity with Hardening and Security policies
- Skilled at documenting processes and procedures, as well as document editing
- Provide expertise in the area of information systems security. Research, evaluate, and recommend methods and products for protecting computer data and applications. Provide support for integrating security solutions into the development of software applications. This may include the evaluation, development, design, and implementation of custom security mechanisms in software and hardware.
- Provide information security support to system and software development activities with one (1) year experience.
- Provide software development support in applicable programming languages such as: JAVA, C++ or C.
- Provide information security support to system and software development activities with three (3) years’ experience.
- Knowledge of Agency Security Directives, Policies, Publications and Regulations.
- Create System Security Plans and obtain system certifications.
- Provide information security support to system and software development activities with seven (7) years’ experience.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.