POSITION: Systems Engineer (Python Development)
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction/Fort Meade, MD 20701
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: TS/SCI with FULL SCOPE POLYGRAPH (must have prior to applying)
We are looking for a Python-focused software engineer ready to grow their skills and career in a dynamic organization by writing CND tools that will ensure maximal mission impact for their customer. Efforts will be focused on developing solutions to perform next generation of high-speed network security leveraging LookingGlass proprietary inline packet processing devices. Candidates must be capable of writing Python to be used in a variety of situations, including as standalone web service applications, analysts’ scripts and tools, and as plugins in a variety of frameworks. Our applications are primarily deployed on Linux using a DevOps process and lifecycle. Knowledge of writing Splunk commands and interfacing with Splunk as a developer is highly desired Join us in creating awesome solutions to real world problems that are vital to the defense of our nation.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION:
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Computer/Software Engineering, Computer Science, Math or Information Systems from an accredited college or university.
MANDATORY TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- With a relevant Bachelor's degree, minimum of twelve (12) years of experience in systems engineering.
- With a Master's degree in a qualified IT field, only six (6) years of experience are required.
- Experience with one (1) or more of the following:
- System engineering of DoD command, control, communications and intelligence systems;
- Analyzing needs, deriving system-level requirements, and contributing to the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of computer networks and systems; or
- Microelectronics engineering, integrated circuit design and integrated circuit reverse engineering skills.
PREFERRED SKILLS (highly desired, but not mandatory):
- Intermediate to Advanced skills with Python, including familiarity with developing command-line applications and server applications; and both consuming and providing RESTful services.
- Experience developing multi-tier or full-stack applications is preferred, but not required.
- Experience with database technologies, especially PostgreSQL.
- Experience with message queue and other reliable message delivery technologies, such as ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, and JMS (Java Message Service).
- Ability to decompose complex requirements into discrete tasks and use cases, along with prioritizing development efforts between multiple objectives.
- Ability to work together in a team with multiple roles, skills, and expertise. Ability to work independently within a larger group.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- Experience with Splunk or related technologies such as ELK, especially as a developer.
- Knowledge of Computer Network Defense (CND) activities and concepts, including network analysis, malware analysis, and forensics.
- Experience with additional programming languages, especially Bourne shell.
- Experience with packaging and integrating large software systems into turnkey and/or shrink-wrapped software deliverables, especially as Linux RPMs and/or Docker containers.
- Experience with unit and testing technologies for Python.
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules). The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) makes it unlawful for employers to discriminate in employment against a qualified individual with a disability. The ADA also outlaws discrimination against individuals with disabilities in State and local government services, public accommodations, transportation and telecommunications. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.