POSITION: Systems Engineer (Cyber Countermeasures)
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction/Fort Meade, MD 20701
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: TS/SCI with FULL SCOPE POLYGRAPH (must have prior to applying)
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is looking for a highly motivated Security Engineer with eight (8) years' experience working specifically in the information security field conducting capability and vulnerability analysis on computer networks and software. Must have experience with system hardware integration, software developments, and protocol specifications. Must have strong system engineering background with the emphasis in software developments, conceptual designing, and malware recognition. The following are ideal qualities that a candidate should have:
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Perform vulnerability research and analysis on system hardware and software
- Perform directed research and create Proof of Concept demonstrations
- Design capabilities that are driven by either
- an interactive operator
- a configuration file or
- environmental stimuli
- Have experience with configuring and deploying remote network sensors using open-source and classified components and databases for detecting malicious activity.
- Have conducted static and dynamic malicious software analysis on suspect binary files in simulation networks
- Interact with customer regularly to ensure products are aligned with the customer’s needs
- Collaborate with other DoD organizations to ensure capabilities align with their requirements and needs
- Collaborate with commercial vendors and National Labs to best approach and accomplish the engineering task
- Provide in-person support of developed capabilities and operational expertise
- Maintain test bed network for capability acceptance testing and an identical development network for analysis and development
- Proficient in navigating through file directories and utilizing native windows and Linux tools via command line interface.
- Familiar with malware reverse engineering tools including disassemblers, debuggers, system monitoring tools, network monitoring tools, packer identifiers, unpacking tools, and binary analysis tools.
- Familiar with various System or Software Development Lifecycles (SDLC), such as Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, Kanban, DevOps in relation to program management.
- Familiar with System Engineering methodologies, such as System Requirements Specifications (SRS), System Design Documentation (SDD), and Requirement Traceability Matrixes (RVTM).
- Have experience with malware and network triage to identify root cause discovery.
- Experience with test harnesses, such as Burp Suite, Metasploit, and Robot Framework.
- Ability to develop systematic test plans for capability integration and evaluations based on industry INCOSE/IEEE standards.
- Familiar with developing and analyzing variations scripting languages, such as Python, Pearl, BASH, and RegEx.
- Familiar with Security Information Event Management (SIEM) tools, such as Splunk, ArcSight, ELK Stack.
- Familiar with standing up lab environments for capability testing, which can include establishing isolated communications with virtualized systems, creating fake DNS entries, and working with samples malware data.
- Familiar with various DoD classified tools in relation to Digital Network Intelligence (DNI)
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Computer/Software Engineering, Computer Science, Math, or Information Systems
- A Bachelor's degree and a minimum of eight (8) years of experience OR
- A relevant Master's degree plus six (6) years of experience OR
- An Associates degree in a relevant field and ten (10) years of experience
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of team work and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.