POSITION: Senior Systems Engineer (JIRA, Confluence)
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction/Fort Meade, MD 20701
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: TS/SCI with POLYGRAPH (minimum of a CI Poly, FSP preferred)
This position will support the Computer Network Operations organization by providing systems engineering and project management expertise to assist with the following activities:
- Coordinating activities to assess program management planning, execution, and reporting processes for various CNO projects that include software, sustainment, and advanced technology initiatives.
- Assisting with operating in an agile development process including maintaining agile development tools such as Jira and Confluence.
- Developing new processes, as needed, and ensuring that the processes are reliable, repeatable, and sustainable.
- Assisting in defining process improvement strategies and lessons learned.
- Documenting existing processes.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or other related discipline from an accredited college or university, plus at least twenty (20) years of Systems Engineering experience OR
- A Master’s degree in a qualified Engineering field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university plus eighteen (18) years of general systems engineering experience OR
- A High School Diploma or GED plus twenty four (24) years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable in lieu of degree.
REQUIRED INDIVIDUAL CAPABILITIES / EXPERIENCE:
- Systems Engineering, process engineering, and project management experience.
- Familiarity with working in an agile development environment.
- Familiarity with Jira and Confluence agile development tools.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and diplomacy.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules) The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) makes it unlawful for employers to discriminate in employment against a qualified individual with a disability. The ADA also outlaws discrimination against individuals with disabilities in State and local government services, public accommodations, transportation and telecommunications. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.