The incumbent Senior Systems Engineer will provide integration support (requirements, specification through development) of geolocation systems. The selected individual will apply their knowledge of RF signals and technology, especially modern wireless and cellular signals, to support the review and analysis of capabilities requirements, requirements gathering, system architecture development, interface- and data exchange-standardization, propose technical solutions, and review system test results. The individual will also represent the customer’s organization at technical exchanges and will support the development of collaborative, cross organizational and cross system solutions. The selected individual must be able to work across military and Intelligence organization boundaries to build consensus on contentious technical issues that arise as they aid the creation of a suite of community cross geolocation specifications and implementations.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or other related discipline from an accredited college or university, plus at least twenty (20) years of Systems Engineering experience OR
- A Master’s degree in a qualified Engineering field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university plus eighteen (18) years of general systems engineering experience OR
- A High School Diploma or GED plus twenty four (24) years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable in lieu of degree.
DESIRED INDIVIDUAL CAPABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with system development and collaborative standards development and implementation.
- Knowledgeable of a variety of radio signal geolocation techniques.
- Understanding of modern cellular and wireless communications protocols especially in the context of locating those signals.
- Experience with Military Service and Intelligence Community SIGINT collection and geolocation systems.
- Knowledge of Airborne (or All Domain) Overhead Cooperative Operations (AOCO) programs.