The incumbent employee shall provide expert level Systems Engineering (SE) services to the Engagement & Policy Directorate (E&P) as it moves forward to reshape Customer Relations Management (CRM) and revolutionize the Customer Experience (CX) through a Unified Engagement Environment (UEE). The UEE enables true knowledge and content management using data object enrichment, creation and sharing of knowledge, and full compliance with law and policy.
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES:
- Analyzes UEE data requirements to ensure development efforts align with the corporate data standards, the Enterprise Architecture, and future transformation efforts.
- Implement and maintain Enterprise Data Modeling Governance processes to include change management and configuration management for enterprise data models.
- Identifies and manages data model domain data stewards and conduct data modeling enabling activities including the development of the Enterprise Logical Data Model (ELDM), the Enterprise Data Dictionary (EDD), Physical Data Models, data format specifications, model releases, data harmonization and mapping across the data models, the modification of tools to support data modeling, and software application programming interfaces and converters to enable data model implementations.
- Map legacy data stores/formats to logical and physical data models
- Design and assess system interfaces, end-to-end data flows, and data storage and retrieval solutions for data modeling effort
- Create data element definitions and dictionaries.
- Perform UML and ERD data model development
- Perform XML schema generation and application of related XML technologies (i.e. W3C XML standards, XML Parsers, XSLT, Fast Infoset, Namespaces, XLink, XPath, and XMI)
- Create, submit, analyze, and review data model change requests and change proposals
- Develop and maintain domain data models and physical formats required for specific projects across the Enterprise
- Perform requirements analysis
- Manage System Engineering efforts
- Coordinate Stakeholder input for model development and Technical Peer Review
- Research and evaluate data standards
- Review system engineering plans to ensure compliance with and adherence to policies and standards
- Ensure architectural alignment of OV-7 and SV-11 data models with other DoDAF architecture products
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or other related discipline from an accredited college or university, plus at least twenty (20) years of Systems Engineering experience OR
- A Master’s degree in a qualified Engineering field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university plus eighteen (18) years of general systems engineering experience OR
- A High School Diploma or GED plus twenty four (24) years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable in lieu of degree.
The Candidate Must Have:
- Ability to work independently and in groups to complete tasks bounded by constraints.
- Ability to break down complex problem space, formulate technical strategies, build action plans, and track progress against established baselines to resolve technical challenges and meet customer expectations.
- Knowledge and understanding of customer’s overall mission areas.
DESIRED CAPABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with IC industry and customer
- Able to work with top-level government management and to work as a team member.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and diplomacy. Strong in writing and communications skills.