POSITION: Live Streaming Technical Director - Level I
LOCATION: Washington, D.C., 20037
NOTE: THIS OPPORTUNITY IS CURRENTLY IN BID STAGE AND HAS NOT BEEN AWARDED. CONTRACT AWARD ANTICIPATED LATE 3Q 2019
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: Secret (must have prior to applying)
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is seeking a cleared Live Streaming Technical Director - Level I to provide professional video production services supporting the Department of State in Washington, D.C.
Live Streaming Technical Director - Level I - Some high-level knowledge and professional experience preferred in all or most of the qualifications listed below:
- Directs the technical execution of a variety of live stream public diplomacy programs - e.g. camera, audio, lighting, and graphics/video and all pre-production testing.
- Edits on-demand versions of live stream productions in a timely manner with appropriate metadata and archives video as required.
- Leads R&D of live stream technology to develop the technical capabilities of the Interactive Studio. Develops workflows, SOPs and overall production practices ensuring technology conforms to industry standards as well as the unique challenges faced by Interactive to reach a wide variety of international audiences, including those in low bandwidth areas.
- Work professionally with State Department stakeholders and other Office staff in a collaborative fashion during the entire live stream production process.
- Operates an array of technologies in a support capacity - e.g. camera, audio, lighting, graphics, teleprompter, floor director and graphics as needed.
- Develops proficiencies in all elements of live streaming applications including: creating live streams and channels, operating hardware and software encoders, CDN management, modifying and embedding video players and multi-screen content delivery.
- Works at the direction of the government to ensure that sets, props and technical equipment are ready to use and in the right position. Hauls and sets-up equipment as necessary.
- Ensures proper equipment storage, scheduling of routine equipment maintenance and upgrades to software/firmware and facilities management.
- Works as the technical lead for VTC (DVC) based programming, developing proficiency in Polycom and Tandberg codecs.
- Trains/advises U.S. Posts on elementary to intermediate live stream production principles and techniques, with the goal of enabling them to produce their own public diplomacy live stream productions.
- Promotes live stream productions and the office when appropriate.
- Maintains a pulse on emerging technologies and trends in both live stream production and on-demand video editing.
- On occasion, fully produces a work product for smaller scale programs that use web conferencing platforms. Demonstrated ability to use web conferencing platforms (preferably Zoom) required.
- Must have intermediate expertise with Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, particularly After Effects, Photoshop and Premiere Pro.
- Must have experience coordinating complex schedules and multiple content elements. Previous experience running a production crew is highly desirable.
- Must be fluent in Mac OS and word processing applications. A working knowledge of Windows is preferred.
- Must be able to interact with international audiences and on camera talent in a professional manner. Experience working with VIP talent is preferred.
- Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally for production and training purposes.
- Must demonstrate ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Must be comfortable working in high-stress environments, and prepared to adapt quickly and professionally to changes occurring during a live production scenario.
- Must have a working knowledge of social media platforms including Twitter and Facebook.
- Experience with green screen lighting, shooting and editing is highly desirable.
- Experience with web development and a working knowledge of HTML and Wordpress is highly desirable.
- Experience in live streaming applications (Flash Media Live Encoder, Wirecast, Ustream, YouTube Live, Facebook Live) is highly desirable.
- Assists with annual inventory and keeps government equipment clean and organized.
- Position can be physically demanding. Technical Directors are required to haul and set up camera, ground-support, audio and lighting equipment as necessary for both studio and field productions and to strike, pack, return and properly stow equipment after use.
- Travel is required (national and international). Travel may be on short notice and require regular weekend work and long days to deliver videos under tight deadlines.
- Education level: Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Public diplomacy experience is preferred.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.