POSITION: IT Video & Media Technician - Level II
LOCATION: Washington, D.C., 20037
NOTE: THIS OPPORTUNITY IS CURRENTLY IN BID STAGE AND HAS NOT BEEN AWARDED. CONTRACT AWARD ANTICIPATED LATE 3Q 2019
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: Secret (must have prior to applying)
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is seeking a cleared IT Video & Media Technician - Level II to provide professional video production services supporting the Department of State in Washington, D.C.
IT Video & Media Technician - Level II - Moderate to high-level knowledge and professional experience required in all or most of the qualifications listed below:
- Possess advanced skills in operating systems such as MacOS, Linux RedHat, CentOS and MS Windows.
- Advanced skills in managing an Open Directory domain. To include LDAP user/group accounts, directory binding, managing shared resources, security for Mac systems, managing and update clients, Bonjour clients and server management tools.
- Advanced skills in command line Shell Scripting for MacOS, Linux, and CentOS to include creating batch jobs, troubleshooting and editing with command line editors such as VI.
- Moderate knowledge of media management strategies for asset management, archive and retrieval. Creation of workflows for asset processing.
- Moderate knowledge of backup and archiving strategies to include hardware tape devices.
- Moderate understanding of networking in a TCP/IP environment to include copper and fiber optic channel, understanding public and private connections, DHCP setup and troubleshooting slow or intermittent connections.
- Moderate knowledge of basic XML source editing, Schema designs and XSLT editing/debugging.
- Moderate knowledge of managing XSAN Meta Data Controllers associated with large capacity SAN systems.
- Knowledge of video formats including camera output formats for ingests. CODECs to include video formats for social media web distribution, mobile devices and broadcast.
- Knowledge of social media platforms (i.e. Facebook, YouTube, Google, and Vimeo) used for storage, delivery and collaboration.
- Understanding of Cloud technologies to include Amazon Web Services, deployments, security and virtualization.
- Provide user ad-hoc support for daily support issues to include all content media groups (e.g. print media, broadcast systems and video production) and applications including Adobe Creative Cloud, Elemental, Red Giant, Extensis Font Server, MacCaption and all software used in the creation and editing of video content.
- Provide ongoing, personalized, predictable, and friendly customer service and support that will help guide staff and management through technology changes. Coordinate and conduct digital skill building training sessions to promote better adoption of digital strategies and workflows including but not limited to telework readiness and adoption of better media management/file management standardization and best practices.
- Experience working with vendors in supporting hardware and software platforms and products.
- Manage video assets using a media asset management (MAM) system - e.g. complying with IIP standards and performing metadata tagging of raw media and finished videos for distribution on different digital platforms.
- Help create and implement change management strategies and plans that maximize employee adoption and usage including but not limited to collaboration tools, mobile devices, media asset management (MAM) systems and protocols.
- Work closely with Office staff to maintain and develop the technical capabilities of the video production field and edit gear, IT systems and Interactive studio suite, ensuring each conforms to industry standards as well as the unique challenges faced by IIP as it seeks to reach audiences in low-bandwidth areas.
- Must have strong communication skills – verbal, written and presentation. Maintain accurate records for configuration and inventory of video production systems. Work to train staff on proper workflow procedures, software and hardware and have a strong understanding of how to write documentation for SOPs.
- Good independent work skills but also function as part of a team.
- Must be available for adjusted work hours and occasional travel.
- Assists with annual inventory and keeps government equipment clean and organized.
- Education level: Bachelor’s or advanced degree preferred.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.