POSITION: Video Producer - Level II
LOCATION: Washington, D.C., 20037
*NOTE: THIS OPPORTUNITY IS CURRENTLY IN BID STAGE AND HAS NOT BEEN AWARDED. CONTRACT AWARD ANTICIPATED IN LATE 3Q 2019*
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: Secret (must have prior to applying)
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is seeking a cleared Video Producer - Level II to provide professional video production services supporting the Department of State in Washington, D.C.
- VIDEO PRODUCER LEVEL II - ALL of the requirements listed below, with moderate to high-level knowledge and professional experience required.
- Create digital-first content and integrated strategies, styles and techniques to optimize social media engagement.
- Produce and direct short and long-form programming using mixed media - e.g. video, audio, graphics and animation and contribute to social media marketing and distribution.
- Perform non-linear video editing using professional computer editing systems and the Adobe Creative Cloud suite and plugins such as Red Giant. Required familiarity with transcoding codecs. Audio/podcast editing/production experience.
- Experience creating animation and motion graphics using Adobe AfterEffects.
- Shoot video using professional cameras and kits - e.g. Sony A7, Canon EOS Mark III, DSLR, 360, interchangeable lenses and tools such as lights, sliders and gimbals to achieve an array of diverse production styles and techniques in challenging environments - e.g. “shoot and run” fashion.
- Prepares scripts: excellent writing skills that are demonstrated in an error-free cover letter, resume and/or portfolio.
- The ability to research and source material.
- Coordinates shoot and travel logistics. Prepare budgets.
- Exercise editorial judgment for capturing newsworthy or historical events with an eye toward amplifying the Secretary’s messaging.
- Serve as an advisor/consultant to U.S. Embassies and American Spaces around the world.
- Trains on production principles and digital-first content creation.
- Work closely with Office staff to maintain and develop the technical capabilities of video production field and edit gear and Studio (e.g. green screen shooting and lighting). Ensure industry standards are met while also meeting the unique challenges of reaching audiences in low-bandwidth areas.
- Manage video assets using a media asset management (MAM) system. Complies with Office standards of metadata tagging for distribution on digital platforms.
- Experience using social media analytics to inform creative and content decisions in the production of new videos with an eye towards improving reach and engagement.
- Knowledge of current events, U.S. politics, geopolitics, economics, foreign policy, history and a nose for news a plus.
- Public diplomacy experience is preferred.
- Good independent work skills but also function as part of a team. Works with other offices and bureaus such as Regional teams, Copy Desk, Translations and outside contractors to ensure all aspects of a production, logistics and execution are seamless.
- Travel is required (national and international). Travel may be on short notice and require regular weekend work and long days to deliver videos under tight deadlines.
- Travels with high-level dignitaries. Individual must be highly organized, self-motivated and adaptable to change. Must be unflappable, flexible and good natured in dealing with ever-evolving situations/logistics in a fast-paced environment.
- Position is physically demanding. Producers are required to haul and set up camera, ground-support, audio and lighting equipment as necessary for both studio and field production and to strike, pack, return and properly stow equipment after use. Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Assists with annual inventory and keeps government equipment clean and organized.
- Professional training in film, video production or related field and three plus (3+) years of full‐time experience shooting and editing video. An online portfolio of great work is required.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.