Kenjya-Trusant is seeking a Digital and Visual Content Specialist to work directly with the Bureau of Oceans and International Environmental and Scientific Affairs’ (OES) Office of Policy and Public Outreach (OES/PPO) at the U.S. Department of State (DoS).
Clearance Requirement: SECRET **Must be active at time of application**
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Public Outreach and Communication
- Under the oversight of the Public Diplomacy Team Lead, identify data sources and create digital and visual content that communicates U.S. policy on environment, science, technology, and health (ESTH) issues for distribution within and outside the Department.
- In coordination with the PPO PD and policy officers, as well as Bureau subject matter experts, suggest data visualization plans for Bureau priority areas. Visual products should reflect and convey U.S. strategic interests.
- Under the oversight of the Public Diplomacy Team Lead, work with offices and bureaus (e.g., regional bureaus, Public Affairs, ECA, etc.) to ensure OES public outreach content is always of the highest professional quality and designed for global dissemination through State Department public communications networks.
- Bring an innovative approach to communication that keeps pace with the rapidly evolving digital media environment.
- Create short videos, animation, and digital images to communicate Administration ESTH priorities to internal and external audiences, including via social media.
- Under the oversight of the Public Diplomacy Team Lead, create graphics that communicate U.S. positions on a range of ESTH issues for distribution within and outside the Department.
- Generate documents explaining Bureau activities and accomplishments.
- Create logos, posters, and images for use at conferences, meetings, and other events hosted by the Bureau.
- Under the oversight of the Public Diplomacy Team Lead, the specialist will create presentations, posters, flyers, and other visual tools for events and press affairs.