The Senior Systems Engineer will provide guidance and support to government personnel on various programs and projects in the SIGINT arena; to include the design, development, integration, testing and fielding of SIGINT systems. The SE will translate between National and Tactical SIGINT requirements and liaise as necessary between customer organization, the rest of the Intelligence Community and foreign partners. They will provide consultation regarding organizational effectiveness, assisting with identifying gaps, assisting with and performing briefings, evaluating and documenting system effectiveness and advising on potential alternative approaches. Will aid government in establishing program and technical objectives and identification of appropriate performance metrics.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or other related discipline from an accredited college or university, plus at least twenty (20) years of Systems Engineering experience OR
- A Master’s degree in a qualified Engineering field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university plus eighteen (18) years of general systems engineering experience OR
- A High School Diploma or GED plus twenty four (24) years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable in lieu of degree.
- Experienced with COMINT systems across multiple domains, especially VHF/UHF and with modern cellular and WiFi signals.
- Must have experience with requirements analysis.
- Must be capable of supporting development of program and technical objectives and performance metrics base on their RF systems expertise.
- Must be capable of providing program managers, who may have limited technical experience, with support with the development of budget reviews and other program status documentation.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE (preferred, but not mandatory):
- Ideal candidate will have broad/diverse background supporting related missions at various levels.
- Knowledgeable/experienced across NSA and/or larger Intelligence Community.
- Ability to comprehend entire mission life cycle (capability development, access, and production) and apply insights to anticipate and resolve challenges and to maximize efficiencies.