POSITION: Senior Software Engineer II (High Performance Computing)
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction/Fort Meade, MD 20701
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: TS/SCI with FULL SCOPE POLYGRAPH (must have before applying)
This Software Engineer Level II (SWE2) position will support High Performance Computing systems engineering. The incumbent employee will work closely with Government Technical Directors to provide software and systems engineering support to drive innovation and efficiencies throughout the CASA ecosystem.
- Evaluating new products, methodologies, and agency policies to continually improve data center services while reducing cost and customer turn-around
- Evaluating and determining future Software Defined Network solutions
- Driving automation across data centers and driving change through automation
- Working on architecture documents to forge new milestones to keep data center offerings relevant
- Actively participate in future roadmap decisions for storage, network, HPC, and server support
- Providing assistance, as needed, to engineering teams to resolve tomorrow’s HPC technology challenges
- Designing, documenting, and leading network modernization as the data centers continue to retire spanning tree and adopt the more flexible spine/leaf architecture
- Analysis of issues, including capacity planning for HPC-specific solutions such as Lustre fabric and high-speed networks
- With networks, firewalls, and HPC network requirements all being in different organizations, driving continuity among the teams and array of devices
- Working with Lustre Interconnects Team to make continual refinements as the high-speed storage fabric grows to multiple data centers within each campus
- Performing network architecture and design
- Providing strategic planning
- Partner with SPD Architects to design the next-generation SPD high-speed and low-speed TCP networks
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Fourteen (14) years of experience as a Software Engineer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Four (4) years of additional SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor's degree, totaling eighteen (18) years of experience.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- Ability to write Ansible, Python, and other scripting languages
- Ability to think holistically
- Self-starting individual
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
*KEY WORDS: Software engineering, systems engineering, network architecture, network design, Lustre, Ansible, Python, Scripting**
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules) The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) makes it unlawful for employers to discriminate in employment against a qualified individual with a disability. The ADA also outlaws discrimination against individuals with disabilities in State and local government services, public accommodations, transportation and telecommunications. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.