POSITION: Senior Systems Engineer (Cross-Organization Integration)
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction/Fort Meade, MD 20701
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: TS/SCI with FULL SCOPE POLYGRAPH (must have prior to applying)
Support and work closely with a Lead Systems Engineer (LSE) supporting the JCSC PMO and/or the Integration System Engineer (ISE) assigned to JCSC. Perform a wide variety of systems engineering activities and producing system engineering documentation that fully supports program standup and execution, including, as needed, required acquisition milestone decision technical documentation. Responsibilities include:
- Working with multiple organizations to develop formal validated mission and capability needs, and defining the requirements that meet these needs;
- Developing, documenting and/or analyzing operational and system architectures in standard frameworks (e.g., DoDAF, MoDAF, UAF);
- Drafting capability needs (CN), creating thread views, and mission use cases; defining mission outcomes and measures of success; evaluating capabilities threads and providing assessment responses and feedback.
- Working with LSE and/or ISE and the customer organizations on the development of short and long term acquisition strategies.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or other related discipline from an accredited college or university, plus at least twenty (20) years of Systems Engineering experience OR
- A Master’s degree in a qualified Engineering field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university plus eighteen (18) years of general systems engineering experience OR
- A High School Diploma or GED plus twenty four (24) years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable in lieu of degree.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & INDIVIDUAL CAPABILITIES:
PREFFERED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE (preferred, but not mandatory):
- Broad experience in systems engineering disciplines, specifically requirements development, architecture, system of system integration and architecture, test plan development, mission use case and thread analysis and engineering.
- Demonstrated experience in cross-program /cross-organization integration; ability to work constructively and successfully with diverse stakeholders to resolve mission and technical issues is critical.
- Be a self-starter, have a high level of attention to detail, and possess excellent oral and written communications skills, and be proficient with Microsoft Office Tools.
- Experience in cyber-related missions and capabilities
- Experience with big data analytics
- Background in computer science
- Familiarity with C2S platform
- Architecture Tool expertise (e.g., System Architect, Cameo)
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules) The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) makes it unlawful for employers to discriminate in employment against a qualified individual with a disability. The ADA also outlaws discrimination against individuals with disabilities in State and local government services, public accommodations, transportation and telecommunications. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.