The Program Analyst (PA) will provide support services as outlined below to efficiently and effectively support the program management of DRL/GP of the Department of State. The Program Analyst shall serve as expert in the field of human rights programming in CHINA, using knowledge of CHINA to draft program solicitations that are in line with DRL/EAP policy priorities and DRL’s Congressional mandate. The PA shall oversee the management and coordination of up to $70M in CHINA program funding; select programs that meet criteria and provide technical assistance to ongoing programs in highly challenging environments; and skillfully communicate verbally and in writing to provide briefings, status reviews, and advice upon request to Congress, DRL policy staff, and senior personnel (e.g., staff of the Office of the Vice President and the National Security Council) on grant issues.
Clearance Requirement - Secret **Must be active at time of application**
Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Monitoring grantee budget execution and draw downs to ensure program objectives are met and are in accordance with 2 CFR 200;
- Negotiating program solicitation language with regional and Bureau policy staff, Post leadership, and DRL;
- Advising senior Bureau officials on development of goals, objectives and programs for utilization of foreign assistance funding;
- Remaining informed on the changing situation in CHINA by regularly meeting with grantees, human rights defenders, researchers, and other funders
- Communicating DRL's program objectives and policy to other State Department and U.S government offices involved in programming Democracy Fund and Human Rights and Democracy Funds (HRDF) and other transfer funding to include but not limited to regional bureaus, office of acquisitions management, office of the legal advisor, congressional Liaison office, office of management and budget and USAID offices;
- Coordinating with policy colleagues to prepare paper and brief DRL Bureau leadership on meetings related to CHINA;
- Preparing budget and programmatic reports that track CHINA grant obligation data and program successes for approximately 20 CHINA grants;
- Reviewing and providing analysis of program proposals to decision-making panels who will select grant recipients within available funding levels;
- Liaising with offices involved in administration, financial planning, and acquisition of program funding;
- Preparing responses to auditor inquiries on CHINA programs;
- Assist with responding to Congressional requests for information regarding programs and DRL program objectives;
- Maintaining, updating, and developing as necessary systems for the efficient and accessible retrieval of documents regarding the allocation, notification, transfer and implementation of Democracy Fund, HRDF, transfer funding, and special Congressional mandated funds.
- It is anticipated that the PA will be required to travel domestically and/or internationally at various times during the year in order to attend job-related training, monitor projects, or provide training for funded recipients.
- Have experience and knowledge of CHINA and international human rights issues and a working knowledge of foreign assistance and international programming;
- Have a working knowledge of Chinese language (2/2 FSI scale or equivalent)
- Have a minimum of 5 years' experience in policy, program management, and grant programs with preference given to experience with highly sensitive portfolios.
- BA degree in a relevant field is required. MA degree preferred.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.