POSITION: Exercise Planner - Homeland Security Exercises and Evaluation Program
LOCATION: DC Metro area (DC, MD, VA)
The Kenjya-Trusant Group (KTG) has an opportunity for HSEEP Exercise Planners to support a dynamic mission based in the Virginia area. We are seeking skilled HSEEP exercise subject matter experts with at least 12 (twelve) years of practical experience with exercise planning in the Intelligence, Emergency Management, Military or Homeland Security Community.
The position calls for a certified Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP) planner or a candidate who has been training towards their HSEEP certification with twelve (12) years of experience in the planning, developing, coordinating and execution of all levels of exercise events (seminars, workshops, tabletops, games, drills, functional and full-scale) and reporting the findings/results from every exercise executed on behalf of the customer, or the equivalent combination of HSEEP training and experience.
- Candidate must have a minimum of 5 (five) years of experience involving the use and application of the National Incident Management System (NIMS) and Incident Command Structure (ICS) in all-hazard crisis response situations.
- Candidate must be familiar with the exercise business model and be able to lead and develop an exercise from the concept stage through to post exercise evaluations, after-action reports and when applicable implementation of results.
- Candidate must have the ability to develop all exercise products to include but not limited to meeting notes, mock exercise injects, exercise scripts/play, after action reports and recommendations, and the various planning documents within HSEEP.
- The candidate needs to have familiarity with the procedures during a pre-incident, incident, and post-incident crisis event.
- Candidate must be able to chair and brief at planning conferences of various sizes and be able to culminate findings in clear succinct reporting that will be actionable to the managers and fellow planners.
- Candidate must be willing to travel throughout the Washington DC Metro area, Maryland, and Virginia.
- Bachelor's and/or equivalent formal military training and 12+ (twelve plus) years of related experience.
- Intelligence community, Emergency management or military experience preferred.
- The candidate needs to be a self-starter able to effectively communicate with senior managers and coordinate with partners in verbal and written formats.
- Must be familiar with and able to use the Microsoft Office suite for the development of exercise deliverables.
- Candidates should have a proven track record working in a fast-paced environment while multitasking (i.e. multiple phone calls, monitor cable traffic/e-mails, tasking from various government agencies, etc.)
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.