POSITION: Software Engineer - Level III
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction/Fort Meade, MD 20701
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: TS/SCI with FULL SCOPE POLYGRAPH (must have prior to applying)
Kenjya-Trusant is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to support a classified contract located in the Annapolis Junction/Ft. Meade, MD area. This Senior Software Engineer will take an existing prototype that uses Machine Learning to identify and mitigate cyber threats. Tasking focuses on software engineering aspects to increase existing prototype's throughput. ML knowledge/experience is a big plus. The current prototype is written in Python. This position will be able to work from home part time.
DUTIES, TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
MINIMUM EDUCATION & OVERALL EXPERIENCE:
- Develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems), based upon documented requirements.
- Works well both individually or as part of a team.
- Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results.
- Resolves software problem reports.
- Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment.
- Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, the use of Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) / Government Off-The-Shelf (GOTS) products in place of new developments.
- Requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Twenty (20) years of experience as a SWE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- *In lieu of a Bachelor's degree, an additional four (4) years of SWE experience on projects with similar scope, type, complexity, and with similar software processes may be substituted for the Bachelor's degree.
- Because this is a research project, no technology stack is out of bounds, but a successful candidate will have experience in Java, Scala, and Python (or another scripting language). Everything listed below is a plus, but not required. If you don’t know it, you can come here to learn it: Relational and NoSQL databases; MapReduce concepts; Streaming analytics; Elastic stack. The existing full technology stack includes the above plus fluentd, ruby, scala, Kubernetes, Docker, GKE, Postgres, AWS, Prometheus, TimescaleDB, Rook, Seph, Helm, Ansible, Salt, and Puppet.
REQUIRED TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE:
- Of the twenty (20) years of overall SWE experience, the candidate must have at least ten (10) years' experience with a minimum of three (3) of the following programming languages:
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.