The Kenjya-Trusant Group is seeking a
Ministerial Support Coordinator to support the Office of International Religious Freedom (IRF) in the Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor (DRL).
Clearance Requirement: SECRET
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the Ministerial Coordinator/Deputy Office Director in organization efforts, tracking progress, and communications related to the Ministerial to Advance Religious Freedom within the Department of State, with intera-gency partners, and external non-governmental organization (NGO) interlocutors.
- Coordinate with Protocol, Major Events and Conferences Staff (MECS), the Bureau of Administration, Office of the Secretary, regional and functional bureaus, and inter-agency stakeholders.
- Engage with outside civil society and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) as well as religious leaders as directed.
- Drafts and edits written products related to the Ministerial, and provides periodic oral briefings to senior Department officials.
- Reviews, drafts and edits assigned portions of the State Department’s annual international religious freedom and human rights reports, as needed.
- Knowledge of foreign policy issues, principles, concepts, and methods is essential.
- Experience with working on public events.
- The job requires sound judgment; strong interpersonal, organizational, analytical, and written/oral communication skills; and teamwork.
- Practical experience relevant to human rights, cultural heritage preservation, religious freedom, or related issues.