Kenjya-Trusant is seeking a candidate to fill the role of Senior Somali Messaging Analyst to support the Department of State Global Engagement Center (GEC).
Clearance Requirement - Active security clearance at Secret to Top Secret level
Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Produce messaging products for placement on social media online platforms to counter violent extremism, state sponsored propaganda, misinformation, and explain U.S. policies to foreign audiences. Messaging products will be tailored for use on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, designated forums, and other platforms as required.
- Monitor online social media platforms, discussion forums, blogs, and video sharing sites, to maintain situational awareness of the information environment.
- Develop social media messages that are persuasive and relevant to at risk audiences in their region.
- Review the messaging products developed by other members of the team to ensure they are grammatically correct and culturally appropriate.
- Work with the Analytics Directorate to identify and track metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of their messaging products.
- Work as a member of a team to assist in the design of videos and banners for distribution on relevant online platforms.
- Work with other GEC analysts and members of the intelligence community to compile analysis of the information environment and violent extremist and state sponsored propaganda for distribution to GEC leadership and other partners.
- Alert designated State Department officers to issues warranting attention and possible response.
- Post products online once cleared by designated State Department officers.
- Complete other duties related to the Digital Outreach Team, as assigned.
Please note all candidates are required to provide the previous five (5) years of employment history as well as their most recent paystub for the purpose of salary verification.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- Ideal Senior Somali Messaging Analysts will have a strong communication background in either journalism or marketing performed in the East African world. They should have personal and professional experience using social media and be fluent with the platforms that are most used in their region of expertise.
- Candidates must have a high degree of knowledge about political events, especially in conflict areas, which drive or are utilized by extremist organizations in their respective region.
- A strong capability in the Somali language, particularly in writing, is required.
- Ideal candidates would be a native linguist, with a high proficiency level in English, and some experience living in the East African world.
- Expertise in the Somali language online environment, in-depth knowledge of East African culture and history.
- Familiarity with USG policy on designated issues and be able to draw upon publicly available, cleared U.S. Government information resources and the vast resources of quality information about the United States available online.
- Expertise with current extremist messaging narratives and techniques affecting their region
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.