POSITION: Systems Administrator - Level III
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction/Fort Meade, MD 20701
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: TS/SCI with FULL SCOPE POLYGRAPH (must have prior to applying)
The Systems Administrator III will lead the effort to set-up, configure, and load system software and hardware; Provide system administration support of computers, servers, racks of equipment and figure/manage LAN interfaces. Provide support for web development, testing, system integration, installation scripts and other duties to support systems and network infrastructure.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Senior Linux Systems Admin with strong experience scripting (at least with Bash), and working with Puppet, LDAP, VMware, and/or other virtual machine environments (like RedHat KVM), as well as IBM BladeCenters
- Need to have at least a functional working knowledge of Cisco networks, as successful candidates will have to correct network issues that suddenly arise when the Network Engineer is not available
- Solid hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience
- Candidate must be willing and able to:
- Be on-call 24x7
- Mission critical (Agency Code Red required)
- Interface with agency and non-agency sites via emails/phone to walk them through hands-on troubleshooting
- Work flexible hours, staying until the job is completed (mission is restored)
- Candidate must be willing to work mixed twelve (12) hour shifts, in a ten (10) week rotational schedule
- Bachelor's degree in Communications Engineer, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems or Mathematics
- Ten (10) years' experience with installation, maintenance, administration, and trouble shooting of LAN at Tier II level in UNIX/Linux environment, computer hardware and software
- Experience performing and assisting with equipment specification, setup, problem resolution, and network support related to computer hardware and software
- Experience providing assistance to users
- Experience optimizing system operations
- Experience ensuring compliance with licensing agreements and system currency.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.