POSITION: Software Engineer (Full Stack)
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction/Fort Meade, MD 20701
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: TS/SCI with FULL SCOPE POLYGRAPH (must have prior to applying)
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is seeking a Full Stack Software Engineer to join the software development team who will develop and sustain integrated, feature-rich capabilities that promote modernization of visualization and presentation tools. The software development team will provide application development and support to tools that allow mission analytic users to view existing data or contribute new information in a collaborative environment.
This SWE should be familiar with the full software development life cycle and have experience with front, middle and back end development technologies.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Approximately 15 team members made up of software, system, and test engineers
- Work performed in contractor facility in Columbia.
- Both low and high side access.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university plus fourteen (14) years of experience as a Software Engineer, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Four (4) years of additional SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree, for a total of eighteen (18) years of experience (with no degree).
DESIRED SKILLS (preferred, but not mandatory):
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements.
- Debug existing software and correct defects.
- Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards.
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features.
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments.
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories.
- Write or review software and system documentation.
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project.
- Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries.
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards.
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components.
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas.
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance.
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Design or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints; Perform quality control on team products.
- Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards.
- Oversee one or more software development teams and ensure the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project.
- Confer with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules) The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) makes it unlawful for employers to discriminate in employment against a qualified individual with a disability. The ADA also outlaws discrimination against individuals with disabilities in State and local government services, public accommodations, transportation and telecommunications. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.