Kenjya-Trusant is seeking a candidate to fill the role of
Outbreak Response Officer to provide support services to the
Office of International Health and Biodefense in the Bureau of Oceans, International Environmental and Scientific Affairs (OES/IHB).
Clearance Requirement - SECRET **Must hold active SECRET clearance at time of application
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Support IHB’s lead coordination and guidance role for all Department bureaus in responding to international infectious disease outbreaks such as Ebola, Zika, and yellow fever
- Support U.S. government and State Department preparedness for international infectious disease outbreaks by convening and supporting working groups, planning and participating in tabletop exercises, and contributing content to U.S. government planning documents.
- Coordinate and implement diplomatic engagement strategies for specific disease outbreaks
- Support the U.S. response for policy matters involving health threats including travel, trade, and protection of U.S. citizens
- Disseminate public affairs guidance
- Brief supervisor, co-workers, and principals as needed on ongoing outbreak status and efforts to promote an effective response
- Assist in identifying and tracking donor and private sector engagement and activities
- Facilitate inter-agency coordination on developing and implementing a coordinated U.S. response
- Arrange meetings and conferences as needed to promote information sharing and coordination among U.S. inter-agency staff, as well as private sector and NGOs when needed. Preparation for meetings and conferences may include pre-clearing visitors into the building, scheduling conference rooms, verifying participation and escorting visitors, and assembling briefing books and other documentation.
- Produce content and relevant information to be placed on the OES/IHB SharePoint site to ensure Department-wide access to current information on disease outbreaks
- Provide Department coverage for inter-agency meetings and conference calls, draft notes of these meetings and conferences, and disseminate notes to the office
- Limited travel
- Attend weekly staff and team meetings
- Provide input to, proofread, and properly format papers prepared by colleagues in response to tasking
- Attend training on work-related duties, as need arises
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to analyze and distill qualitative and quantitative information to inform policy-making
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, including follow-up on pending tasks
- Ability to operate significantly under his/her own initiative and as part of a team, crafting proposals and recommending effective approaches to carry out tasks
- Ability to work with a wide variety of actors, including other office staff and team members, the Front Office, Executive Office staff, interagency colleagues, and outside visitors
- Microsoft office suite skills
- Experience with U.S. foreign affairs/policy
- Experience or familiarity with public health policy
- Familiarity with the Department of State policies and procedures
- Experience or familiarity with emergency management principles
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.