Kenjya-Trusant is seeking a candidate to fill the role of Global Health Officer to provide support services to the
Office of International Health and Biodefense in the Bureau of Oceans, International Environmental and Scientific Affairs (OES/IHB).
Clearance Requirement - SECRET **Must hold active SECRET clearance at time of application
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide support services in the Office of International Health and Biodefense in the Bureau of Oceans and International Environmental and Scientific Affairs (OES/IHB).
- Serves as a Global Health Officer, a key team member providing coordination and support functions for global health policies and programs. This position reports to the Section Chief for the Global Health Security Section, and indirectly to the Office Deputy Director and Office Director.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Support IHB’s lead coordination and guidance role for all Department bureaus and the U.S. government interagency in responding to global health and health security issues
- Support implementation of OES/IHB’s bilateral engagement strategy to expand bilateral cooperation in health security.
- Coordinate day-to-day interagency GHSA work and provide support to the interagency process
- Prepare agenda, background materials, and other documentation for regular interagency meetings; draft notes of these meetings; and disseminate notes to the office
- Arrange and coordinate working level interagency meetings, to include pre-clearing visitors into the building, scheduling conference rooms, verifying participation, escorting visitors, and assembling briefing books and other documentation
- Coordinate and implement diplomatic engagement and outreach strategies for advancing global health and health security activities
- Disseminate public affairs guidance
- Brief supervisor, co-workers, and principals as needed on ongoing global health and health security activities and developments
- Limited travel
- Attend weekly staff and team meetings
- Provide input to, proofread, and properly format papers prepared by colleagues in response to taskings
- Attend trainings on work-related duties, as need arises
Please note all candidates are required to provide the previous five (5) years of employment history as well as their most recent paystub for the purpose of salary verification.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, including follow-up on pending tasks
- Ability to operate significantly under his/her own initiative and as part of a team, crafting proposals and recommending effective approaches to tasks
- Ability to work with a wide variety of actors, including other office staff and team members, the Front Office, Executive Office staff, interagency colleagues, and outside visitors
- Microsoft office suite skills
- Experience with U.S. foreign affairs/policy
- Experience or familiarity with public health policy
- Familiarity with the Department of State policies and procedure
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.