Kenjya-Trusant is seeking a candidate to fill the role of Senior Program Specialist to efficiently and effectively support the program management of Bureau of Democracy Human Rights and Labor Office of Global Programs (DRL/GP) of the Department of State.
Clearance Requirement - SECRET
Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assisting with effective handling of program requirements:
- Assisting in establishing systematic methods of program execution, evaluation, and advocacy; assessing activities to advice on funding requirements and to advice whether funding is warranted and available; analyzing program and budget proposals and presenting them to the State Department panels;
- Preparing justification or recommendation memorandum for review and approval by appropriate officials; and providing follow-up problem-solving assistance, guideline interpretations, and technical consultations as required to applicants.
- Assist with Departmental briefings to congressional staffers on these programs.
- Communicate DRL’s program objectives and policies to other State Department and U.S government offices involved in programming Democracy Fund and Human Rights and Democracy Funds (HRDF) and other transfer funding to include but not limited to regional bureaus, office of acquisitions management, office of the legal advisor, congressional Liaison office, office of management and budget, and USAID offices.
- Liaise and consult on program administration, financial planning and acquisition of programming funds.
- Assist in preparing responses to Congressional requests for information regarding programs and DRL program objectives.
- Provide information to the NGO community and other implementing organizations regarding the USG and DRL grants processes.
- Maintain, update, and develop as necessary systems for the efficient and accessible retrieval of documents regarding the allocation, notification, transfer and implementation of Democracy Fund, HRDF, transfer funding, and special Congressionally-mandated funds.
- Track the award of grants, maintain lists of current grants and GORs, and collect and record narrative and financial reports.
- Maintaining the official DRL program and organizational files.
- Apply internal control measures to protect organizational integrity and prevent unauthorized use or misappropriation of sensitive and classified material;
- Report instances of security violations/problems to the appropriate supervisory/management official;
- Assume full responsibility for safeguarding all classified and sensitive (but unclassified) material and equipment in assignment area(s).
Specific examples of work duties include:
Please note all candidates are required to provide the previous five (5) years of employment history as well as their most recent paystub for the purpose of salary verification.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- Coordinate and assist the Program Analysts and Officers in the administration and coordination of international human rights and democracy programs;
- Assist Team Leads and Management in the coordination of foreign assistance funding;
- Help develop goals, objectives and programs for utilization of foreign assistance funding;
- Assist the programming staff and grants officers to monitor budget execution to ensure program objectives are met;
- Collect grant documentation for review by the grants officer, the Front Office and decision-making committees who will select grant recipients within available funding levels;
- Liaise with offices involved in administration, financial planning and acquisition of program funding;
- Skillfully communicate verbally and in writing to provide briefings, status reviews, and advice upon request to the other DRL program staff and senior personnel, including the Front Office, on grant issues;
- Must have experience with foreign assistance and international programming;
- May be required to travel globally to highly sensitive areas with little notice.
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.