POSITION: Chinese-Mandarin Operational Language Analyst Native Capability- Level IV
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction/Fort Meade, MD 20701
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: TS/SCI with POLYGRAPH (must have prior to applying)
Kenjya-Trusant is seeking qualified candidates for our Chinese-Mandarin Operational Language Analyst Native Capability Level IV opportunity to provide native language and cultural expertise while performing tasks required to process voice and/or graphic language materials in support of SIGINT Operations.
- Bachelor of Arts (BA)/Bachelor of Science (BS) degree, or equivalent from other countries.
- Performance at Interagency Language Roundtable (ILR) Skill Level 3 in both Audio Translation pPrformance and written/verbal translation performance from the required language(s) into idiomatic, standard American English. Scores from the NSA Civilian Language Test of Record, valid at time of resume submission, may be used as acceptable validation for text translation and audio translation skill level(s). Language Skill Level shall be documented within two (2) years prior to resume submission.
- Equivalent of eight (8) years of full-time experience performing translation of materials (minimum ILR Skill Level 3) from the required language(s) into English.
- In lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree, an additional four (4) years of directly related, applied, practical work experience may be substituted, for a total of twelve (12) years' experience.
- At least four (4) of the eight (8) years' experience shall be in Cryptologic Operations performing language processing in the required language(s).
- At least three (3) of the four (4) years' experience shall be in translating and/or transcribing, and gisting.
- Two (2) of the four (4) years' experience shall be within four (4) years of resume submission for work on the Contract.
- One (1) year experience typing on an English keyboard.
Native Capability is defined for the purpose of this labor category as having learned the language since birth; and having been formally educated in, and via, the language for a minimum of ten (10) years, in a country where the language is an official, national or commonly spoken language. Exception: In the case of a language/dialect that is not an official or national language and formal public education is not conducted in the language/dialect, Native Capability is defined as having learned and used the language/dialect since birth; and having used the language for at least fifteen (15) years in a region where the language/dialect is commonly used among a historically rooted population of resident speakers who employ the language/dialect in social, cultural, employment, economic, or other public sphere interactions beyond immediate family/household use.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
Personnel in this category shall possess native competency in the foreign language: they shall have full mastery of the language/dialect (oral fluency and literacy); they shall have a full command of contemporary vocabulary, grammar, and syntax of the required language(s); they shall be abreast of idioms, colloquialisms, and slang; and, they shall have a sophisticated understanding of the cultural, social, and political environment in which the language is used.
Level 4 Operational Language Analysts Native Capability shall have sufficient English skills to produce accurate gists, translations, and reports in American English. Level 4 Operational Language Analysts Native Capability shall have demonstrated skills in preserving the style and conveying the flavor, nuances and subtleties of the original text/audio when translating complex passages from the required language(s) into English.
Acceptable Experience for Operational Language Analyst Native Capability Skill Level 4: Performance of the following tasks constitutes acceptable cryptologic language processing experience: scanning and sorting/categorizing foreign language materials; recovering essential elements of information; producing gists, translations and transcripts; performing quality control review of transcripts/translations; mentoring language analysts in language processing; compiling and updating operational working aids and databases; and drafting intelligence reports.
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.