Kenjya-Trusant is seeking a candidate to fill the role of Program Specialist to support The Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights and Labor (DRL).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Specific examples of work duties include:
- Assists and communicates DRL’s program objectives and policies to other State Department and U.S government offices involved in programming Democracy Fund, Human Rights and Democracy Funds (HRDF), and other transfer funding to include but not limited to regional bureaus, office of acquisitions management, office of the legal advisor, congressional liaison office, office of management and budget, DOL/ILAB, and USAID offices.
- Liaise and assist with program administration, financial planning and acquisition of programming funds
- Assist with Congressional requests for information regarding programs and DRL program objectives
- Provide information to the NGO community and other implementing organizations regarding USG and DRL grants processes
- Maintain, update, and develop as necessary systems for the efficient and accessible retrieval of documents regarding the allocation, notification, transfer and implementation of HRDF, transfer funding, and special Congressionally-mandated funds
- Track the award of grants, maintain lists of current grants and GORs, and collect and record narrative and financial reports. The PS will be responsible for maintaining DRL program and organizational files
- Apply internal control measures to protect organizational integrity and prevent unauthorized use or misappropriation of sensitive and classified material
- Report instances of security violations/problems to the appropriate supervisory/management official
- Assume full responsibility for safeguarding all classified and sensitive (but unclassified) material and equipment in assignment areas.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Coordinate and assist the Program Analysts and Officers in the administration and coordination of international human rights and democracy programs
- Assist Team Leads and Management in the coordination of foreign assistance funding
- Help develop goals, objectives and programs for utilization of foreign assistance funding
- Assist the programing staff and grants officers to monitor budget execution to ensure program objectives are met
- Collect grant documentation for review by the grants officer, the Front Office and decision-making committees who will select grant recipients within available funding levels
- Liaise with offices involved in administration, financial planning and acquisition of program funding
- Skillfully communicate verbally and in writing to provide briefings, status reviews, and advice upon request to the other DRL program staff and senior personnel on grant issues
- Coordinate high level meetings with foreign governments and foundations
- Create newsletter documents for the office
- Assist the outreach coordinator
- Travel globally, as needed, to highly sensitive areas with little notice.
The PS must have experience with foreign assistance and international programming
Clearance Requirement – SECRET **Clearance must be in place at time of application**
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.