Kenjya-Trusant is seeking a candidate to fill the role of a Program Specialist in the Department of State’s Democracy Fund, Human Rights and Democracy Funds (HRDF).
Clearance Requirement - Secret ** Must be active at time of application**
Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities:
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- Assisting the program officers/analysts and the grants officers in ensuring effective execution of program requirements: establishing systematic methods of program execution, evaluation, and/or advocacy;
- Assessing activities to determine funding requirements and to determine whether funding is warranted and available; analyzing program and budget proposals and assisting in presenting them to the State Department panels;
- Preparing justification or recommendation memoranda for review and approval by appropriate officials;
- Providing follow-up problem-solving assistance, guideline interpretations, and technical consultations as required to applicants.
- Assist with Departmental briefings to congressional staffers on these programs.
- Assists and communicates DRL’s program objectives and policies to other State Department and U.S government offices involved in programming Democracy Fund, Human Rights and Democracy Funds (HRDF) and other transfer funding to include but not limited to regional bureaus, office of acquisitions management, office of the legal advisor, congressional liaison office, office of management and budget, DOL/ILAB, and USAID offices.
- Liaise and assist with program administration, financial planning and acquisition of programming funds.
- Will assist with Congressional requests for information regarding programs and DRL program objectives, and also provide information to the NGO community and other implementing organizations regarding the USG and DRL grants processes.
- Maintains, updates and develops as necessary systems for the efficient and accessible retrieval of documents regarding the allocation, notification, transfer and implementation of HRDF, transfer funding, and special Congressionally-mandated funds.
- Will tracks the award of grants, maintain lists of current grants and GORs, and collect and records narrative and financial reports.
- Maintain DRL program and organizational files.
- Applies internal control measures to protect organizational integrity and prevent unauthorized use or misappropriation of sensitive and classified material; reports instances of security violations/problems to the appropriate supervisory/management official; assumes full responsibility for safeguarding all classified and sensitive (but unclassified) material and equipment in assignment areas.
- Bachelor Degree is required
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.