Kenjya-Trusant is seeking a candidate to fill the role of Senior Program Officer to support the Office of Educational and Cultural Affairs.
Clearance Requirement: Secret
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs a wide variety of duties to assist in the successful implementation of the Mandela Washington Fellowship for Young African Leaders. Works directly with the Branch Chief and staff to provide administrative support to the Mandela Washington Fellowship for Young African Leaders. Duties may include coordinating with posts regarding participant recruitment and selection, visa support, and oversight of travel.
- Assists in the organization of the Institutes and in the final presidential summit in Washington D.C., and the organization and administration of internships.
- Assists the Branch Chief and staff in the programmatic monitoring of grants and/or cooperative agreements in accordance with established ECA grants policy and federal OMB circulars.
- Assists in the preparation of grant documents; organizes grant packages; conducts analyses of program proposals as needed.
- Keeps abreast of academic exchange activities in portfolio, monitors recipients, and oversees all participant activities.
- Consults closely with supervisor to proactively resolve or address problems. Exercises sound judgment with regard to those developments that can be resolved independently and those requiring higher level input.
- Responds within deadlines to tasking’s from supervisor, senior bureau, and department management or Congressional staff for quantitative and qualitative information on exchange activities; and obtains appropriate clearances.
- Drafts speeches, talking points, memorandum, and other documents that advance Bureau objectives and analyze the impact of DoS exchanges.
- Produces content for websites or social media.
- Represents ECA at conferences, workshops, orientations, inter- and intra-agency meetings, pre-departure orientations as needed, and at meetings with implementing partners and the public.
- Maintains a close and highly responsive relationship with the office’s day-to-day activities.
- Confirms and prioritizes project plans and deliverables as agreed upon between the staff contractor and ECA and/or Branch Chief.
- Provides data analysis, record keeping, research and other duties as may be required.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- Experience with international educational and cultural exchanges, or other types of international programming and activities, including planning leadership programs, conferences, or cultural festivals for international participants.
- Knowledge of State Department priorities, policies, and program goals.
- Strong writing and oral communication skills including strong interpersonal skills needed to maintain effective liaison with other State Department offices, Fulbright Commission and Embassy colleagues, program partners and other entities involved in academic exchange programs.
- Ability to produce public relations materials as well as content for social media and websites.
- Facility with standard software, including the complete Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, SharePoint), and an ability to learn and work with other software, as well as database applications.
- Ability to interact with all nationalities in a culturally sensitive manner.
- Strong, timely and precise organizational skills and multi-tasking abilities.
- Strong critical and creative thinking and analytical skills.
- Strong ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, and multi-task in a high volume, fast-paced work environment.
- Strong ability to also have a flexible, team-oriented approach to work.
- Exposure to U.S. foreign affairs agencies and/or international organizations.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required for this position.
- Capacity in foreign languages and experience living or working in Africa is preferred.
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.