Clearance Requirement - SECRET **Must hold active SECRET clearance at time of application
Kenjya-Trusant is seeking a candidate to fill the role of Climate Mitigation Assistant to provide substantive assistance to the Climate Change Mitigation Team.
Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide foreign policy support to Office, Bureau, Department and U.S. Government (USG) on problems and issues related to global climate change.
- Participate with senior employees in implementing plans, strategies and policy decisions on climate change as approved by policy makers in Department of State (DOS) and USG.
- Provide support for negotiations and related diplomatic efforts undertaken according to policy guidelines, and in developing new methods and criteria for the most effective participation by DOS, OES and EGC officials in USG negotiations on critical climate change issues.
- Assist with providing expertise, analyzing important policy questions and summarizing global climate change alternatives and options for the consideration of policymakers in EGC, OES, DOS, and the USG under review of OES Manager.
- Prepare draft documents and reports-including position and briefing papers decision memoranda, international draft agreements, diplomatic and Congressional correspondence, resolutions, telegrams, summaries and assessments - for a wide range of foreign policy climate change issues for review by OES Manager. In support of international climate change negotiations, the Incumbent may assist in preparing detailed analyses of objectives, strategies and tactics required to further U.S. climate change goals in the UNFCCC and other multilateral and bilateral forums under guidance of OES Manager.
- Assist OES/EGC managers on UNFCCC negotiations related to Climate Change Mitigation. Specifically, the Mitigation Assistant will assist senior officers by:
- Provide policy support to the Office of Global Change, Bureau and Department on problems and issues related to mitigation and transparency.
- Prepare for negotiations on mitigation, transparency and related issues in the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate change (UNFCCC) and its subsidiary bodies.
- Support interagency meetings designed to ensure that climate change policy initiatives, agreements and negotiations are consistent with U.S. foreign policy, economic, environmental and national security interests, and that the policy development process conforms to all legal and procedural requirements.
- Analyze policy options for key DOS and Bureau officials, prepare analysis or operations and developments in support of international climate change negotiations that contain detailed analysis or the objectives, strategies and tactics required to further U.S. climate change goals in the UNCFFF and other multilateral and bilateral forums.
- The contractor must have experience in and knowledge of human right issues.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills and the ability to write clearly and succinctly under time pressure in a large range of formats.
- Ability to work under pressure with short deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to pay attention to detail.
- Ability to determine priorities without frequent guidance and the ability to work with a wide variety of actors, including policymakers, business leaders and members of the non-governmental community.
- Ability to learn quickly the complex organizational structure of the Office of Global Change and its relationships with the Office of the Special Envoy for Climate change.
Please note all candidates are required to provide the previous five (5) years of employment history as well as their most recent paystub for the purpose of salary verification.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.