Kenjya-Trusant is seeking a candidate to fill the role of Accounting Clerk III to support the Office os Medical Services.
Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Uses a knowledge of double entry bookkeeping in performing one or more of the following: posting actions to journals; identifying subsidiary accounts affected and debit and credit entries to be made and assigning proper codes; reviewing computer printouts against manually maintained journals; detecting and correcting erroneous postings, and preparing documents to adjust accounting classifications and other data; or reviews lists of transactions rejected by an automated system, determining reasons for rejections, and preparing necessary correcting material. On routine assignments, employee selects and applies established procedures and techniques. Detailed instructions are provided for difficult or unusual assignments. Completed work and methods used are reviewed for technical accuracy. One year of relevant work experience required.
- Maintains journals or subsidiary ledgers of an accounting system and balances and reconciles accounts. Typical duties include one or both of the following: Reviewing invoices and statements including verifying information, ensuring sufficient funds have been obligated, and if questionable, resolving with the submitting unit, determining accounts involved, coding transactions, and processing material through data processing for application in the accounting system; and/or analyze and reconcile computer printouts with operating unit reports including contacting units and researching causes of discrepancies, and taking action to ensure that accounts balance. Analyze and reconcile Treasury Reports to DoS financial systems' reports. Employee resolves problems in recurring assignments in accordance with previous training and experience.
- This labor category is for a few experienced and knowledgeable accounting technicians who also provide assistance to Accounting Clerk I and lIs in explaining unusual transactions or helping to resolving accounting transaction problems. They also provide authoritative information based on in-depth technical knowledge gained over an extensive period of time (minimum of five years). On a frequent basis, the Accounting Clerk m maintains journals or subsidiary ledgers of an accounting system and balances and reconciles accounts.
- Typical duties may include one or several of the following: reviewing invoices and statements including verifying information, ensuring sufficient funds have been obligated, and if questionable, resolving with the submitting unit, determining accounts involved, coding transactions, and processing material through, data processing for application in the accounting system. Analyzing and reconciling computer printouts with operating unit reports including contacting units and researching causes of discrepancies, and taking action to ensure that accounts balance. Maintaining spread sheets to serve as memorandum records. Analyzing and reconciling Treasury Reports to DoS financial systems' reports. Resolving problems independently for most recurring assignments in accordance with previous training and experience. Assisting less experience accounting technicians in resolving problems and/or providing training to newly assigned personnel. Suggestions are provided for handling unusual or nonrecurring transactions.
- Conformance with requirements and technical soundness of completed work is occasionally spot checked by the supervisor or is controlled by mechanisms built into the accounting system.
Clearance Requirement – TOP SECRET **Clearance must be in place at time of application**
- 2 years account receivable experience
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Excellent data entry and customer service provider skills
Please note all candidates are required to provide the previous five (5) years of employment history as well as their most recent paystub for the purpose of salary verification.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.