Kenjya-Trusant is seeking a candidate to fill the role of Administrative Assistant – HR Specialist to support the Office of Medical Services (MED).
Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provides effective and responsive customer service to MED employees. Promptly responds to inquiries and provides general information regarding HR programs and policies.
- Resolves and answers questions on a wide range of payroll issues. Researches issues where required to ensure that they are resolved correctly and in a timely manner.
- Attends meetings, with or as a representative of the MED HR Staff and may be asked to act on behalf of the Human Resources Specialists during absence or unavailability of the HR Specialists.
- Responds to substantive queries from MED employees, supervisors and managers by explaining or interpreting HR policies, regulations, and procedures concerning position descriptions, recruitment and staffing, travel, and payroll issues.
- Prepares and maintains rosters, schedules, forms, and reports.
- Assists with the CS and FS performance evaluation process.
- Assists the HR Assistant in scheduling FS Specialists Assessments.
- Works closely with the HR Specialists in responding to queries regarding staffing and classification.
- Conducts in- and out- processing of MED employees ensuring that established procedures are followed.
- Notifies MED management and supervisors of projected arrival dates for new employees. Prepares MED welcome letters for signature by the Executive Director; compiles newcomer information packet; and provides all necessary materials to employees during the first day of in-processing. Updates checklists as needed.
- Counsels MED employees on eligibility requirements such as life insurance, health insurance, Thrift Savings Plan, explaining options to employees i
- Counsels MED employees regarding submission of various standardized forms and other benefit-related forms and documents.
- Assist in providing guidance to management regarding classification issues and decisions by communicating grade distinctions with supporting criteria and justification in a written evaluation statement.
- Maintains a variety of MED HR files and records.
- Assist in coordinating work-life balance programs and initiatives. Disseminates bureau guidelines regarding work-life balance programs and options.
- Assist the HR Specialist in worker compensation claims.
- Carries out special projects and assignments as assigned by the supervisor or Lead HR Specialist.
- Knowledge of, and skill in applying a wide range of HR concepts, practices, laws, regulations, policies and precedents sufficient to provide assistance to MED management.
- Knowledge of Federal human resource management regulations, policies,
- Ability to differentiate the HR procedures applicable to Federal employees.
- Knowledge of DOS security, medical, and ethics clearance requirements for MED employees to advise employees on pre-employment requirements.
Clearance Requirement – SECRET **Clearance must be in place at time of application**
Please note all candidates are required to provide the previous five (5) years of employment history as well as their most recent paystub for the purpose of salary verification.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.