Kenjya-Trusant is seeking a candidate to fill the role of Program Manager to support The Bureau of International Information Programs (IIP). IIP’s mission is Connecting People to Policy, which it executes in part by providing training on the ever-evolving set of digital tools and resources available to the Department’s public diplomacy practitioners abroad. IIP needs to bring in outside expertise as outlined below to assist in managing, design, implementation and monitoring of public diplomacy capacity building efforts on these digital productivity tools to support these foreign policy and campaign goals. These efforts include designing, delivering and evaluating in-person and online training modules on digital tools and platforms used by the bureau, customized by strategic outcome and policy priority as set by the Office.
Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Plan, coordinate and implement Bureau-specific training modules designed to achieve specific digital diplomacy strategic objectives according to specifications and deadlines Create detailed schedules and work plans which identify and sequence the activities needed to successfully complete assigned projects
- Lead trainings, whether in-person or via online platforms, for overseas public diplomacy officers and local staff on both the functionality and strategic use of IIP-assigned digital platforms, tailored and customized to achieve specific digital diplomacy strategic objectives
- Develop and manage materials and resources used in each module, whether in-person or via online platforms
- Manage communications, training schedules and logistics with clients, stakeholders, project contributors and project managers
- Assist with communications and marketing at appropriate levels for assigned training.
- Develop, execute and submit detailed reports measuring effectiveness of assigned raining modules
- Develop forms and records to document project activities and related information
- Execute projects according to project plans
- Monitor progress of projects and make adjustments as necessary to ensure successful completion
- Apply knowledge of the various levels of adult learning and break technical and at-times complicated information into distinct, hands-on modules that achieve identified and desired learning objectives
- Adapt training modules for varying conditions in the field, customizing modules for maximum outcome for trainees’ level of skill, desired learning objectives and the overall strategic digital diplomacy objective
- Design, lead or co-lead interactive and hands-on modules whether training is delivered in-person or via online platforms.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a suitable security clearance and DoS badge; ideal candidates will already possess a Secret-level clearance or higher.
- Some OCONUS travel is required. Infrequent CONUS travel may be required.
- Digital Training, social media and digital outreach digital experience, virtual training, website/online communication
- Experience managing the implementation of complex projects (though need not possess formal project management credentials, e.g. PMP certification)
- Experience in designing, delivering and measuring adult learning modules built to achieve specific learning objectives
- Experience in customizing and tailoring adult learning modules to focus on strategic uses of certain tools and resources to achieve specific policy related objectives
- Proficiency in the use of file-sharing, word processing software, spreadsheets, databases and other digital project management tools
- Proficiency in the use of digital engagement tools (e.g., collaboration platforms, email optimization, digital marketing and outreach, social media and online virtual meeting platforms) for public engagement purposes
- Knowledge of strategic planning frameworks for determining specific digital engagement tools to use to achieve certain, assigned objectives
- Stays abreast of emerging trends and tools via participation in communities of practice, professional associations, etc.
- Ability to work within a team structure, collaborating closely with colleagues and operating interdependently to achieve assigned tasks
- High level of proficiency in written and oral communications
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent presentation and collaboration skills
- Ability to bridge cultural and language barriers while working with clients for who English may be a second language.
- Ability to adopt and adhere to Department standards on effective and measurable capacity building modules
- Bachelor Degree - in communications, public relations, education, marketing, public diplomacy, international relations, psychology, sociology, digital publishing, website development or related fields
Clearance Requirement – SECRET **Must hold active SECRET clearance at time of application
Please note all candidates are required to provide the previous five (5) years of employment history as well as their most recent paystub for the purpose of salary verification.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.