Kenjya-Trusant is seeking a candidate to fill the role of an Office Management Specialist to provide logistical and administrative support to advance U.S. foreign policy goals pertaining to human rights and democracy in the Western Hemisphere.
This position is located in the Offices of Western Hemisphere Affairs in the Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor (DRL/WHA). DRL/WHA manages the bilateral relationship with Western Hemisphere countries on policy matters pertaining to the promotion of human rights and democratic practices, produces the annual Country Reports on Human Rights Practices for all Western Hemisphere countries, and provides policy guidance on DRL’s programmatic efforts. The position serves as the Office Management Specialist (OMS), a key team member providing administrative support functions to the office. The OMS serves a team of 10-15 employees, depending on seasonal staffing levels. The OMS reports directly to the Deputy Director, and indirectly to the Office Director.
Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities:
Working under the direction of the Deputy Director and Office Director, the Office Management Specialist supports the DRL/WHA office by:
- Process time and attendance on TATEL
- Serve as the Travel Arranger for team members, including preparing travel authorizations, obtaining visas and making reservations; working with the OES-DRL/EX Travel Team in closing out travel vouchers and uploading receipts
- Assist Deputy Director in tracking assignment and coordinating completion of taskers
- Assist Deputy Director in orienting and on-boarding new employees
- Assist Deputy Director in data entry for annual performance evaluations of staff via ePerformance software system
- Provide courteous and responsive service to the Office Director, Deputy Director, staff, visitors and callers, including by answering the phone and buzzing visitors into the suite, and escorting visitors within the building.
- Order office supplies and keep office supply cabinets orderly
- Keep the office phone lists, safe combination information, and other internal information up to date
- Maintain Office Director’s calendar and schedule meetings
- Regularly pick up mail in EX office and distribute items to staff
- Run errands related to State Department business at request of staff members
- Photocopy/scan and fax documents
- Arrange conference services for interagency and public outreach meetings, including by: pre-clearing visitors into the building, scheduling conference rooms; verifying participation and helping escort visitors; creating name tent cards; assembling briefing books; making lunch or refreshment break reservations
- Make repair, cleaning, and physical maintenance requests as necessary
- Provide escort to char force
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Take notes during meetings and disseminate meeting minutes to team
- Maintain team members’ business contact lists (e.g. by scanning business cards and maintaining database of contacts)
- Assist in developing and maintaining office Sharepoint website
- Serve as Unit Security Officer for office (enforce best practices for avoiding security violations)
- Proofread and properly format papers prepared by policy team in response to taskings
- Attends trainings on work-related duties, as need arises
- Assist in coordinating Bureau’s intern program
- Other Duties as Assigned
- Performs other duties in support of program team activities, as needed.
- Assists with administrative support of DRL Front Office or other DRL offices, on temporary basis as needed.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, including follow-up on pending tasks
- Ability to operate significantly under own initiative and as part of a team, crafting proposals and recommending effective approaches to tasks with minimal guidance.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of actors, including other Office Management Specialists, the Front Office, the Executive Office staff, outside visitors, and facilities management at the Department of State.
- Ability to process time and attendance via TATEL
- Ability to arrange for staff travel through the E2Solutions travel management software system
- Ability to support the deputy director in inputting yearly staff evaluations into the ePerformance software system
- Ability to procure office supplies via Arriba system
- Ability to schedule meetings via Outlook
- General word-processing skills
The ideal candidate would:
- Have experience with US foreign affairs/policy, especially pertaining to the Western Hemisphere.
- Have proficiency in Spanish, Portuguese, and/or French.
- Have familiarity with the Department of State policies and procedures
Clearance Requirement - SECRET
Please note all candidates are required to provide the previous five (5) years of employment history as well as their most recent paystub for the purpose of salary verification.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.